Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up to 1.62" over the last 24 hours. Not bad at all. Now if it were 10 degrees cooler.

Here in cloudy Sarasota, it's 68 degrees with a stiff southerly wind at 20 or so. A line of showers in the Gulf will pass through today and make it much cooler here. It was a nice 78 yesterday.

1.4" so far and still raining!! Bone chilling 40.2° outside, was gonna fish today until i saw the wind advisories! Got a new suit (100mph Bass PRo gore tex) ready for cold and wet whether fishing or playing in it. Pattern looks active for the start of the New Year :whistle:

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas

Well im not currently in the SE but wanted to say i woke up to a nice surprise snowfall this morning at the inlaws in Carbondale, IL. We have about 3" so far and its still coming down. I will try my best to bring the snow back with me on Monday..... Happy Holidays!

Fished on Lanier yesterday and waxed them really good with the rain coming.

MB1.jpg

However, the Corps has let so much water out of the lake it looks like it did 2 years ago. My favorite ramp is only about 2 feet from closing down. BUT, there was a ton of debri floating yesterday due to the lake Rising Up. Unlike the Falcons. So we will take it. Now if we could just put a plug in the dam and get some more rain.

In this picture the lake should be to about the top of the railing on top of the dock in the background. :cry::axe:

ponding everywhere again. I'm just over half inch so far, so 3/4 to 1" is possible. Looks like the last precip of the year, and a run toward 50" this year. Excellent and rare for me this millennium :thumbsup:

Lots of ponding and runoff this morning too, which was nice to see. Picked up another 1.35 which gives me around 2.20 with these past two systems. Lake is finally starting to rise, although it's still quite a bit down.

I loved last night, before I went to bed around midnight, it was pouring, cold...around 43, and it just felt like winter. Of course it would be better if it was winter precip but I still loved it.

Rain and 36,according to sign at Surrey Bank and trust.The sign is usually around 5 degrees off when its daytime and about right when it cloudy with moisture .Anyway coldest rain so far for sure.Figure it must the the cold air damming effect .We have have from time to time this time of year.It's strange gbecause it's colder here than on the other side of the mountain.

Fished on Lanier yesterday and waxed them really good with the rain coming.

MB1.jpg

However, the Corps has let so much water out of the lake it looks like it did 2 years ago. My favorite ramp is only about 2 feet from closing down. BUT, there was a ton of debri floating yesterday due to the lake Rising Up. Unlike the Falcons. So we will take it. Now if we could just put a plug in the dam and get some more rain.

In this picture the lake should be to about the top of the railing on top of the dock in the background. :cry::axe:

Sweet! I know what you mean about lake levels, we've had a good amount of rain this fall and the lakes won't rise a foot! Keowee still about 5ft down and Hartwell about 8ft below normal :axe:

Lots of ponding and runoff this morning too, which was nice to see. Picked up another 1.35 which gives me around 2.20 with these past two systems. Lake is finally starting to rise, although it's still quite a bit down.

I loved last night, before I went to bed around midnight, it was pouring, cold...around 43, and it just felt like winter. Of course it would be better if it was winter precip but I still loved it.

Whats your yearly total now? I just cracked 1" in the guage, I thought it would have ended by now, but still raining. Excellent event, the models were dead on for here and your area to the Upstate it looks like.

dang, I may even get some decent showers down here today. we sure need it! Looking forward to the impending wind event, already breezy, maybe 40-50mph+ gusts this afternoon.

GSP has high wind advisory and lake wind advisory here. I think MRX is going with high wind watch for their area...looks like the winds will be a problem here once the sunshine comes out. The ground is a mess with all the water everywhere, so it will be easy to bring down some weak trees if they get over 35mph.

post-38-0-76422700-1325000063.jpg

ponding everywhere again. I'm just over half inch so far, so 3/4 to 1" is possible. Looks like the last precip of the year, and a run toward 50" this year. Excellent and rare for me this millennium :thumbsup:

Whoa.....I knew we have been dry in the upstate but had no idea that downtown Greenville was this bad. Looking at KGMU station data we have only received 31.73 inches this year.....normal is something around 48. So looks like we will be carrying a good 16 inch deficeincy into 2012....yikes

Whoa.....I knew we have been dry in the upstate but had no idea that downtown Greenville was this bad. Looking at KGMU station data we have only received 31.73 inches this year.....normal is something around 48. So looks like we will be carrying a good 16 inch deficeincy into 2012....yikes

that amount probably isn't correct. Before todays rain, GSP had 44.66". CLT and AVL are all very close to average this year (CLT above). I actually had a really good year, thanks to some generous thunderstorms this Summer, that helped me surpass CLT, which almost never happened until now.

picked up 1.84 for this event bringing my yearly total to 90.75 inches temp settin at 39.

good grief.

That's quite an impressive visible shot Robert, thanks for sharing.

Somehow, I managed only .13 in NE Tennessee (Johnson City) from the wall of water that was heading toward me. At 4.12 for the month and right at 10.00 for the period of November 1st through today. Pretty impressive for a LaNina.........

yep, the models had east and esp. NE Tn in a dryslot thanks to the way this was working out and se winds up the NC side, which equals downslope for your area usually. I think if you go back and look at the runs you'll see that min. zone there.

There is dancing, and I admit, some imbibing and frivolity, in Tonytown today :) Another 1.4 in the pot. That's almost 4 inches in the week bracketing Christmas, since the rains returned south of Atl and east of I 85. Man, I hope the happy times are here to stay :) This winter is now looking goooood! Tony

Edit: Some big winds blowing out there now...wish the rains were coming in rather than leaving. Looks to get cold.

There is dancing, and I admit, some imbibing and frivolity, in Tonytown today :) Another 1.4 in the pot. That's almost 4 inches in the week bracketing Christmas, since the rains returned south of Atl and east of I 85. Man, I hope the happy times are here to stay :) This winter is now looking goooood! Tony

congrats on all that rain!

Archived