Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOwweeee!! I got rain. Lots of wonderful, exciting, not boring rain!!! Get ready Michelle, I'm sending you a rain present, and I don't see how this can miss you. Haven't checked the gauge, but I expect you'll beat .25 for sure! Merry Christmas :thumbsup: And the best part is we are below 54 so we are sure to see zrain real soon!! Oh, wait, I hate zrain....oh, well, it is better than hot, and dry, lol. T

OOOwweeee!! I got rain. Lots of wonderful, exciting, not boring rain!!! Get ready Michelle, I'm sending you a rain present, and I don't see how this can miss you. Haven't checked the gauge, but I expect you'll beat .25 for sure! Merry Christmas :thumbsup: And the best part is we are below 54 so we are sure to see zrain real soon!! Oh, wait, I hate zrain....oh, well, it is better than hot, and dry, lol. T

I hadn't even checked the radar this morning :axe: Congrats on that. And it does indeed look good for SC. Looks like the upcoming system is an excellent rainmaker for you and probably the midlands of SC and all points north and west. The 5h system is a beaut and perfectly situated before hooking up the east coast on Tuesday. Both GFS and NAM are very generous on the amounts, And for temps...brrr here on Tuesday, with temps holding in the 30's most of the day right in the Apps and the damming area..

post-38-0-25573200-1324831044.gif

post-38-0-05505300-1324831048.gif

post-38-0-09978100-1324831056.gif

Merry Christmas, Robert! I think your storm is coming now for sure, and it is just a matter of time! You sure nailed this shift south on the rains. Can't tell you how big a difference the last week is here in systems. I'm even in a dry slot now, but no worrys for a change, as I can see more of the heavy stuff headed right for me, and danged if it ain't raining in the dry slot, and no sun for a change :) Rain back into La. and all going east, and not nor nor east. Man, what a wonderful day, lol. T

It worked Tony :wub: It's been a steady light rain all day, and while it hasn't up to above .25 just yet, I do have .13 in the bucket and that is a fantastic rain present :weight_lift: I would love to see anything frozen, and I know you don't like the zrain, but at this point I'll take what I can get :wub:

I hadn't even checked the radar this morning :axe: Congrats on that. And it does indeed look good for SC. Looks like the upcoming system is an excellent rainmaker for you and probably the midlands of SC and all points north and west. The 5h system is a beaut and perfectly situated before hooking up the east coast on Tuesday. Both GFS and NAM are very generous on the amounts, And for temps...brrr here on Tuesday, with temps holding in the 30's most of the day right in the Apps and the damming area..

I like the looks of this next system and I've got my fingers crossed this will be the first of many that will kick off 2012 :wub:

The next rain event should be a good one for central Al, Ga and much of the western 2/3 to 3/4 of Carolinas. A very cold rain at that, with even some near 32 surface temps Tuesday morning. There's nothing to keep the cold air locked in but could be some quick glaze in the northern mountains of NC early Tuesday before rising to mid and upper 30's there, with just buckets of rainfall.

new nam:

post-38-0-48552200-1324866324.gif

old GFS

post-38-0-84909100-1324866342.gif

post-38-0-34145100-1324866348.gif

Looks like possibly a little wintry precip up near Hickory and Rocky Mount on the 29th

http://www.daculawea...omogram_hky.php

http://www.daculawea...omogram_rwi.php

EDIT: Even Albemarle http://www.daculawea...omogram_vuj.php

Danville VA http://www.daculaweather.com/nomogram_dan.php

The next rain event should be a good one for central Al, Ga and much of the western 2/3 to 3/4 of Carolinas. A very cold rain at that, with even some near 32 surface temps Tuesday morning. There's nothing to keep the cold air locked in but could be some quick glaze in the northern mountains of NC early Tuesday before rising to mid and upper 30's there, with just buckets of rainfall.

new nam:

post-38-0-48552200-1324866324.gif

old GFS

post-38-0-84909100-1324866342.gif

post-38-0-34145100-1324866348.gif

what's the low tuesday night?

Its been cloudy all day with a few spits of a shower here and there, but nothing really to help the drought. Currently 57 outside. I'm looking forward to the rain event Tuesday. Thunderstorms and wind forecasted from Twc. 80% chance of showers and thunderstorms from Wunderground. :D :D

What do the rainfall totals look like within my vicinity?

what's the low tuesday night?

probably low 30's to near 30, maybe upper 20's if winds subside and we get clearing. I think we'll clear out on this side of the Apps , the event should exit late Tuesday but the upper system goes directly over, still those clouds could be gone by sunrise Wed. morning. Black ice problems possibly early Wed.

probably low 30's to near 30, maybe upper 20's if winds subside and we get clearing. I think we'll clear out on this side of the Apps , the event should exit late Tuesday but the upper system goes directly over, still those clouds could be gone by sunrise Wed. morning. Black ice problems possibly early Wed.

No zr/ip here with this system Tuesday morning?

Well, my Christmas day was abnormal for a WNC native: High around 78 and I spent part of the day in the pool at the resort here in Kissimmee! An atypical Christmas from what I've come to expect, but it was pleasant nonetheless. Since I'm not missing any true winter-type weather while I'm away, I can handle it! I've got an 8:30 tee-time in the morning with my father and father-in-law: should be nice.

Thanks buddy, I will throw a couple of salters on the trucks just in case. Need to get rid of some ice melt. Have 10,000 pounds left over from last January Locals have highs tuesday 51 degrees

Thanks buddy, I will throw a couple of salters on the trucks just in case. Need to get rid of some ice melt. Have 10,000 pounds left over from last January Locals have highs tuesday 51 degrees

if the sun comes out Tuesday afternoon, you could make the 51, if not, probably not. So the high temp should get very late in the day , just before the cold front comes through, but by then it may be getting sunset. And Frosty, no ice there. The high pressure isn't properly placed, just 35 and rain most likely. The valleys in the northern mtns is where the trapped low level cold would be, and even there it won't stay at 32 for very long. But wed. morning should go below freezing if the clouds clear..looks like it will. (snow showers in the mtns Wed.)

12z Euro and some recent GFS runs provide a few faint glimmers of hope for a pattern change, but I'll believe it when I see it. Going to take a lot more than a couple Day 10-plus maps to convince me that this pattern is going to change.

Looking at the fresh 0z GFS, not much to get excited about. RIdging out west is nice, but it's not sharp enough and there is no blocking or southern stream energy.

This is probably the beginning of the 10 days of false pattern change model runs -- real thing will start in 20 days, then we start waiting for something to come out of a decent pattern.

Archived