• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

Nice rain showers have been ongoing for the past hour or so. The radar across NC is quite interesting at the moment. There seems to be this finger of precip that is outstretching from the main body of rain back in TN/GA/AL at the moment. It appears to be training over the foothills in its motion. The part of the finger to the far east has moved progressively northward but not the portion over the foothills.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in Forest City this afternoon and the place is soaking wet. You can tell its been a wet pattern and the recent quick deluge that just went through here is making the roads like rivers. The radar looks poised for us again tonight. I won't be surprised if flash flood warnings get issued for a few counties

in Forest City this afternoon and the place is soaking wet. You can tell its been a wet pattern and the recent quick deluge that just went through here is making the roads like rivers. The radar looks poised for us again tonight. I won't be surprised if flash flood warnings get issued for a few counties

moderate rain coming down with water standing everywhere. Really making a mess where the yards are so soft

bah humbug :P

I cut and burn my own wood so electric bills are irrelevant to me...so bring on the freaking cold for weenie's sake :arrowhead:

Even if i had electric i'd gladly pay higher to have a good winter by golly. :snowman:

Good rain event so far, picked up 1.15 so far and radar is encouraging. Went to augusta yesterday and clark's hill is still way down along with my lakes. . So bring on the heavy rain.

Praying for a pattern change though.After the last few years, this warm weather is almost torture.

:lol: I would like nothing more than freezing temps-record breaking freezing temps- but since that isn't happening, I might as well enjoy the extended spring Mother Nature is giving me. :icecream:

Ahhh, more moderate rain... :D

Glad to see you getting some much needed rainfall :hug: I have a 30% chance of some scattered showers tonight :pimp:

:lol: I would like nothing more than freezing temps-record breaking freezing temps- but since that isn't happening, I might as well enjoy the extended spring Mother Nature is giving me. :icecream:

Glad to see you getting some much needed rainfall :hug: I have a 30% chance of some scattered showers tonight :pimp:

looks like you might get clipped by tonights rain. That line in GA looks like it's on a decent trajectory toward CAE, so keep an eye on Tony's obs. If he gets hit , you get it.

I'm at 1.11" so far for the past 3 days. .24" today but the main deal is fixing to move through.

This weather is nuts. Went for a jog today at lunch with a steady drizzle and a wind out of the east. Normally that weather observation in December means temps would have been in the 30's or 40's with a steady and drizzly east wind. But it was 60 and I was out in shorts and a Tshirt. Although...my wind was east due to the topography around my area as the real main direction was from the south. But it had the appearance of a cold winter type raw day.

The welcomed deluge has commenced in Marietta, GA. I hope this is the last storm I go through without a rain gauge. I asked for one of the CoCoRAHS gauges for Christmas from someone this year.

Hey, Mayretta, Justin, Ga folks... has the last 3 days been a change up there? I've been in clouds for days now, with the sun only showing for 5 minutes this morning. I've had mist and fog, and a continually wet ground, just now I've got pretty good moderate rain with thunder off toward Fayetteville. This so different from all summer and fall around my area. Last year I got an inch of snow when north Atl was getting 6 to 8 inches, dry slot until the end. Today, if this was that storm, I'd be nearing a half foot, probably. Night and day different.... finally. I'm so danged use to the sun being out before, during and after my one tenth of rain, lol. T

Edit: Michelle, I'll got check the gauge in a while. I only had half an inch earlier, but it wasn't evaporating like it usually does if I get that much in an hour or two, and the wind hits it. The ground is getting wet, because what is falling isn't running off, it is taking so long to get it. This is the first prolonged rain I can remember, period, lol. This is actually what I'm used to at Christmas time, that why it is such a shock, lol.

Hey, Mayretta, Justin, Ga folks... has the last 3 days been a change up there? I've been in clouds for days now, with the sun only showing for 5 minutes this morning. I've had mist and fog, and a continually wet ground, just now I've got pretty good moderate rain with thunder off toward Fayetteville. This so different from all summer and fall around my area. Last year I got an inch of snow when north Atl was getting 6 to 8 inches, dry slot until the end. Today, if this was that storm, I'd be nearing a half foot, probably. Night and day different.... finally. I'm so danged use to the sun being out before, during and after my one tenth of rain, lol. T

Edit: Michelle, I'll got check the gauge in a while. I only had half an inch earlier, but it wasn't evaporating like it usually does if I get that much in an hour or two, and the wind hits it. The ground is getting wet, because what is falling isn't running off, it is taking so long to get it. This is the first prolonged rain I can remember, period, lol. This is actually what I'm used to at Christmas time, that why it is such a shock, lol.

Nope, bout the same as you, clouds for days. We have had a few light showers the last couple days but the main event was definitely today with varying intensities of rain all day long.

We had some good sunny periods that past few days but they didn't last too long. We have had a good bit of mist. We got .3" out of the first round and I think we are over .5" this round. I think I'm going to come up just short of 50" for the year.

Totally wet for the last two days and nights. It's been GREAT!

Good, Steve, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Just had a warned storm go by a while back. They warned it in Brooks with a rotation. Just saw lightening and got some thunder at my place, but it sounded like it was up toward Sunnyside. Be real odd if it followed the track of the April tornado.

It looked to me like it fell apart right before it got here. In April they warned out toward Brooks....but that one was on the ground.

Michelle, I'm up to 1 1/4 and still getting good rain. Radar says I'm in the middle of the field, so hope to pick up another 3/4 on it's way past, lol. Best of luck up your way....if your experience is my experience you will break .25 for sure :) Tony

It has been raining hard here for the last hour, and from the looks of things, it will be a very wet night. I've picked up another inch in the last hour, for a total of 2.25 inches for the event. Flood warning along the French Broad are just a matter of time, and the creeks around here are already rising. This makes over 5 inches so far for December. Not bad. Good thing it wasn't snow, we would never be able to dig out.

back home now, I wanted to beat the line coming in. Glad to see most of GA getting hit with needed rains. Looks like it will start here soon, but be pretty brief. More chances coming up too...I love this Nina. Sure beat 2007 with its ~ 22 inches. Speaking of clouds, seems to have been a really cloudy month, but Decembers can be one of the most cloudy months. If east winds don't do us in, southwest flow and high cirrus usually does.

back home now, I wanted to beat the line coming in. Glad to see most of GA getting hit with needed rains. Looks like it will start here soon, but be pretty brief. More chances coming up too...I love this Nina. Sure beat 2007 with its ~ 22 inches. Speaking of clouds, seems to have been a really cloudy month, but Decembers can be one of the most cloudy months. If east winds don't do us in, southwest flow and high cirrus usually does.

rain getting old

The last 3 days have been pretty dreary. There have been a few breaks in the clouds especially yesterday afternoon, but for the most part its been cloudy/misty/rainy. I think North Georgia has gotten more rain in general lately than your area, but I'm glad you've gotten into the good stuff the past 3 days! :thumbsup:

1.39" for the day and 2.26" the past 3 days. It's been cloudy since Monday. I'm ready for a "dreary break".

Actually ready to see the sunshine too. Tomorrow may be the day...before the next shield of cirrus comes at us.

rain getting old

I never thought I'd say this, but I could use a break too. Its really muddy here in the yard...been that way most of the Fall to some degree, now with evapotranspiration rates at their lowest point, and with hardly any sunshine or low dewpoints, its a bog. I actually got stuck in my friends yard in forest city (had to park off the gravel). Certainly reminds me of the Nino a couple years ago in December 2009.

looks like you might get clipped by tonights rain. That line in GA looks like it's on a decent trajectory toward CAE, so keep an eye on Tony's obs. If he gets hit , you get it.

I've been watching the line all day with my fingers crossed it doesn't disappear :hug:

Good, Steve, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Just had a warned storm go by a while back. They warned it in Brooks with a rotation. Just saw lightening and got some thunder at my place, but it sounded like it was up toward Sunnyside. Be real odd if it followed the track of the April tornado.

It looked to me like it fell apart right before it got here. In April they warned out toward Brooks....but that one was on the ground.

Michelle, I'm up to 1 1/4 and still getting good rain. Radar says I'm in the middle of the field, so hope to pick up another 3/4 on it's way past, lol. Best of luck up your way....if your experience is my experience you will break .25 for sure :) Tony

Wow! That is a sweet prelim total :wub: I have been doing my rain dance all day in hopes of breaking that elusive .25 ^_^

In other news... :lol:

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

615 PM EST THU DEC 22 2011

...THE DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR DECEMBER 22ND WAS TIED THIS

AFTERNOON AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT IN SOUTH CAROLINA...

THE TEMPERATURE AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT REACHED 76 DEGREES THIS

AFTERNOON...TYING THE HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR DECEMBER 22ND.

THIS RECORD WAS FIRST SET IN 1990.

DAILY TEMPERATURE RECORDS IN THE COLUMBIA AREA DATE BACK TO 1887.

Still raining with a inch thru the gauge. I am up to almost 6" of rain for the month (about 40 for the year) without a doubt the most precip. in Dec. since I have lived here.

Archived