amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see how some of the decent rates get to Harrisburg before it ends - you could easily see a few inches out of it. Since it will be after sunset, that should help all of us with accumulation.

And this thing does have a lot of moisture to work with. The back edge is still in the Smokies.

Gallitzin and Cresson Summit route 22 roadcams looking pretty epic. Road's startin to get some snow on it.

I can see how some of the decent rates get to Harrisburg before it ends - you could easily see a few inches out of it. Since it will be after sunset, that should help all of us with accumulation.

And this thing does have a lot of moisture to work with. The back edge is still in the Smokies.

Yeah, there's a fair amount of precip to come. Like the current look of radar.

We're getting a nice mix of snow and rain at State College. At times its mostly snow and other times mostly rain. It will take another hour or so to completely change over.

As for those waiting for the temperature to drop, don't worry too much. We were hovering around 43 for several hours before quickly dropping 4-5 degrees. Expect that cooling to be amplified for you warmer areas because the time of day will help you cool down too.

Mostly snow out the window right now :snowman:

Yeah, I have to think it's temp related. Wouldn't be surprised if WX Adv is lifted by 7:00 if we don't see a temp drop at a higher rate than what we already have. It's a lot to ask for a 10+ drop in just a few hours.

temps will fall faster as this low deepens and comes closer to pull in the colder air... plus sunset in about an hour will help... NAM has MDT at 46 on 12z run and 47 on last nights 0z for 21Z then 38 by 3z with dew point temp at 31... with heavy precip rate the temp will end up right near dew point... yea it will be tough but models had temps steady/slightly falling today and that is exactly what happened so far with a drop coming soon

Annd I just turned around to look out the window and its all big flakes. Top down cooling, meet ground. Your probably next Jamie.

Right on cue, sir.

We're getting a nice mix of snow and rain at State College. At times its mostly snow and other times mostly rain. It will take another hour or so to completely change over.

As for those waiting for the temperature to drop, don't worry too much. We were hovering around 43 for several hours before quickly dropping 4-5 degrees. Expect that cooling to be amplified for you warmer areas because the time of day will help you cool down too.

Mostly snow out the window right now :snowman:

Yep, doing that here.

37 and still raining here...no flakes to be seen yet.

That's interesting - wonder why?

I'm kinda shocked by that. We have legitimate moderate snow right now. Looks like it really is dependent on how hard the snow is coming down to determine if it makes it or melts.

The dynamics look to be mostly to your east, which might be a problem for a quick changeover. Eventually it will though.

thats what i was thinking...so i guess i just wait.

Archived