joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightened up a bit. Is the timing still looking like snow will be done around midnight or so here?

Probably our snow will end closer to 10pm. I don't know how much further west the heavy snow will develop as radar indicates the heaviest precipitation may already be over for us. That's not to say we won't get another 4-5 hours of light to moderate snow. I think the winners will be 25-50 miles east of State College in a SW to NE axis.

Here is my thinking for best snowfall on top of the latest radar image. Higher elevations especially. Sorry for the ugly presentation, I don't really know of any good mac graphics programs for maps like this.

post-1406-0-89786800-1323296159.png

The sun is setting, so that should help increase accumulations.

Yeah, the temperature will steadily fall so that's in our favor. Still gonna be tough to overcome the wet ground, but some snow is better than no snow. I guess I was spoiled by the January 10 storm last year back home-temps in the low 20s, cold ground, snow everywhere. Even up here we can get sloppy storms santa.gif

Yeah, the temperature will steadily fall so that's in our favor. Still gonna be tough to overcome the wet ground, but some snow is better than no snow. I guess I was spoiled by the January 10 storm last year back home-temps in the low 20s, cold ground, snow everywhere. Even up here we can get sloppy storms santa.gif

I know-I'm a Penn State alum from '09!!

One in particular that I remember is 3/22/05, which was a very sloppy and wet snow that was primarily rain in the deeper valleys. Also, 10/25/05 was very gloppy and wet snow. The driest snow I've seen up there was on Easter, 2007 when we had 5" of absolute air-laden lake effect powder. It was gone within 24 hours.

I know-I'm a Penn State alum from '09!!

One in particular that I remember is 3/22/05, which was a very sloppy and wet snow that was primarily rain in the deeper valleys. Also, 10/25/05 was very gloppy and wet snow. The driest snow I've seen up there was on Easter, 2007 when we had 5" of absolute air-laden lake effect powder. It was gone within 24 hours.

We had 4 or 5" of wet snow that disappeared within a day-in mid February. Guess temps in the mid 50s and the good ol' southern sun can do a number on snow.

On topic, it's snowing lightly. Pretty picturesque. Maybe a little snow will be left to get us into the holiday spirit during finals...

We had 4 or 5" of wet snow that disappeared within a day-in mid February. Guess temps in the mid 50s and the good ol' southern sun can do a number on snow.

On topic, it's snowing lightly. Pretty picturesque. Maybe a little snow will be left to get us into the holiday spirit during finals...

We can get drier snow in December. I think we get a little bit Friday night that will be dry.

The 15" we got in the early Feburary 2010 snow was dry - I remember because my co-worker told me his kid was crying because he couldn't make a snowman lol

Archived