• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

Well folks it's been a blast hanging out in central PA these past 6 years, but alas my work takes me to Maryland. I'll still visit from time to time, but this will be the last time I'm in here with any regular frequency. Think snow...I'm leaving all my Eskimalian luck with y'all!!

Temperature: 46

Dew Point: 44

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well folks it's been a blast hanging out in central PA these past 6 years, but alas my work takes me to Maryland. I'll still visit from time to time, but this will be the last time I'm in here with any regular frequency. Think snow...I'm leaving all my Eskimalian luck with y'all!!

good luck to you with your job and the move....

Dont be a stranger!!!

Just cuzz your moving, we know where your heart is :whistle: ..... Good luck in Maryland and don't be a stranger to our thread, you know you'll be lurking when were in the middle of a mauler :arrowhead:

Good luck in your new adventure!

0z Euro makes things a bit interesting back my way early next week with 850s a little below 0c. Otherwise another rainstorm for most.

Looking at the ensembles, there's finally some hope of a little cold air for more than 1 day heading into the new month. It'll be interesting to see how often that ridge continues to pop back up north of Hawaii.

0z Euro makes things a bit interesting back my way early next week with 850s a little below 0c. Otherwise another rainstorm for most.

Looking at the ensembles, there's finally some hope of a little cold air for more than 1 day heading into the new month. It'll be interesting to see how often that ridge continues to pop back up north of Hawaii.

hello Tony...good to see you back.

Good luck in Maryland. Just remember, Maryland is just Pennsylvania with a bay and an ocean, so please come back and contribute.

i just got this in my email???:arrowhead:

Winter storm warning is cancelled.

The NWS in state college has cancelled the winter storm warning.

Periods of light snow or flurries will continue until around midnight with additional accumulation of one half of an inch or less. Use caution if you plan to travel, since the wet roads, additional light snowfall, and temperatures in the upper 20s to lower 30s will create some icy spots on untreated roads.

Wouldn't that be a nightmare? Say you fell asleep for 3 days and slept through a foot-and-a half snow storm and woke up at the tail end of it. :whistle:

Periods of light snow or flurries will continue until around midnight with additional accumulation of one half of an inch or less. Use caution if you plan to travel, since the wet roads, additional light snowfall, and temperatures in the upper 20s to lower 30s will create some icy spots on untreated roads.

This winter sucks. Even winter storm warnings that don't exist are getting cancelled.

This winter sucks. Even winter storm warnings that don't exist are getting cancelled.

laugh.gif

Had a nasty drive back to Central PA from NJ this afternoon, moderate rain and busy roads the entire way.

Currently 44.3° with moderate rain here...looks to get heavy in the next 20-30 minutes. Already around 1" for the day here...should break 2" pretty easily tonight I'd think.

This winter sucks. Even winter storm warnings that don't exist are getting cancelled.:thumbsup:

i got this reply a few hours later.

Dear subscriber,

During maintenance of our systems earlier today, we erroneously sent

outdated severe weather email alerts to some of our subscribers. We

apologize for this error - please disregard the alert.

Not looking too good for "Red Monday" (aka opening day of firearms deers season). I may forgo opening day if it's gonna be like what CTP is going with:

IN GENERAL...THE SHARPENING MID-LVL TROUGH AND BACKING FLOW WITH

HEIGHT SHOULD ALLOW DEEP GOMEX MSTR TO BE DRAWN NWD ALONG AND AHEAD

OF SHARP N-S FRONT BOUNDARY PUSHING EWD ACRS THE GREAT

LKS/MID-SOUTH/GULF CST TWD THE APPALACHIANS BY MON. HI PWATS SHOULD

SURGE NWD UP INTO THE NRN MID-ATLANTIC STATES...WITH HVY PCPN PSBL

ALONG/AHEAD OF SLOW-MOVG NEGATIVELY TILTED FRONT. TIMING PER GFS/EC

WOULD BE TUES...WITH CMC ABOUT 36-48 HOURS EARLIER

. :underthewx::raining::thumbsdown:

At least there's still a tease for the first Saturday (which statistically is the second best day and it's even better than opening day's afternoon hours) :gun:

Had 1.91" of rain near Williamsburg overnight with street flooding on Route 22 in two places near Canoe Creek. The Frankstown Branch is in an elevated state and you can hear the roar a half mile away. Wouldn't be surprised to see projected crest raised to near the 12" flood stage.

Not fun hunting weather. The animals know better.

So around 1:30 I woke up to what sounded like my house taking off. A mix of extremely heavy rain and wind, never heard anything like it before.

Jon, did you hear any of that?

We left HBG around 3:45 and are now at Dulles - somehow we missed rain, just a mist the whole way down.

Yep, woke me. almost had a whistle noise to it.........have a safe trip and a good time with your folks

So around 1:30 I woke up to what sounded like my house taking off. A mix of extremely heavy rain and wind, never heard anything like it before.

Jon, did you hear any of that?

We left HBG around 3:45 and are now at Dulles - somehow we missed rain, just a mist the whole way down.

SPECI KMDT 230639Z 32013G36KT 290V350 2 1/2SM RA BR SQ OVC006 09/08 A2976 RMK AO2 PK WND 29036/0637 PRESRR P0009

Not often you see SQ come up in the metar and a 41 mph gust to go with it

So...what are the chances this mid range cutoff, acts like a mid range cutoff and slides through a bit faster than currently modeled?

Please have the rain get out of the way by at least Monday so I can have one day of decent upstate hunting weather.

This has been and probably will continue to be a pain in the you know what to forecast. The current pattern would argue a more progressive type solution to this low since we don't really have any blocking via a negative NAO. However, if one looks back at the beginning of October cutoff system (the one that made for the earliest measureable snows in several locations) you will see that actually came on a positive NAO/AO regime. At any rate, operationals continue the charge on this cutoff system which would be a very highly anomalous upper level low in some instances. Timing and evolution is all over the place though, ranging from shooting the system through before Monday morning to breaking a piece off that lurks down south all the way until Wednesday. My guess is we will have to deal with a period of rain somewhere in that mon-tuesday timeframe, but not necessarily washing out both days. There's also the chance if it moves through on Monday, it could send some chillier weather in on Tuesday and make for a more typical day in the woods.

Archived