Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Be safe and enjoy.

Zak you are right, the 12z GFS looks even better for snow opportunities. I'm still not completely sold but it is interesting none the less. FROPA events are tough to forecast for snow amounts. The long range finally looks cold with a very cold shot at the end of the period :snowman: hopefully this is the pattern changer.

Looks like you guys received quite a bit more rain then I did, I just barely creeped over the 1" amount at 1.04" for the storm total.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, i'm off to camp for the weekend and Mon/Tues. Should be on here and there and there is actually 3g reception down there this year so should be able to keep an eye on developments for the storm coming.

As for the longer range, I like what i'm seeing teleconnection wise:

NAO

AO

PNA

I don't yet see any major signs of a bonafide pattern that could deliver say a nice west to east or coastal snowstorm quite yet but we're getting there with certainly some colder weather in the cards and perhaps a clipper type system sneaking in there.

mehhhh, this pattern is dreadful. I was at least hoping for a big storm out of this crappy pattern and even that is being downsized at the moment with totals being cut back :arrowhead: I really hope the long range comes true, we really need the cold air to start filtering down into the US. The +EPO really makes me angry lol, I hate it when a trough is parked over the gulf of Alaska continuously.

mehhhh, this pattern is dreadful. I was at least hoping for a big storm out of this crappy pattern and even that is being downsized at the moment with totals being cut back :arrowhead: I really hope the long range comes true, we really need the cold air to start filtering down into the US. The +EPO really makes me angry lol, I hate it when a trough is parked over the gulf of Alaska continuously.

06Z GFS was better arrowheadsmiley.png

I get the feeling that this year the models are going to have a hard time of it. This upcoming storm isn't going to be the rainmaker it once was thought to be.

And I have the feeling it will cut both ways.

Archived