joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got a squall line here as well with similar results. Surprised there was no SPS for either of them.

unreal. The major damage by Irene a few months back, left our building here at work with major damage from the tree falling on it. The roof was repaired and all office areas damaged was just finally completed. This squall just showed us the roof isn't fixed. Once again we took a lot of water and the office lunch room, which was toatally redone, tool another hit. Walls will have to come out again. I'd say a roofers A$$ is up da creek

So that squal ripped off four shingles, facia (or however it's spelled) and let water pour through one my front windows (water undoubtedly was blown up inside the threshold, letting it come through the interior drywall - happened to another window during Irene, only time we've had this happen ever).

So, there's that. This day just went to hell. :/

I should add the facia that was blown of had also blown off in Irene. F!

So that squal ripped off four shingles, facia (or however it's spelled) and let water pour through one my front windows (water undoubtedly was blown up inside the threshold, letting it come through the interior drywall - happened to another window during Irene, only time we've had this happen ever).

So, there's that. This day just went to hell. :/

I should add the facia that was blown of had also blown off in Irene. F!

oh boy, i can't wait to get home :angry:

What horrid deer hunting weather.

High of 70 in Galeton yesterday. That's in NORTHERN, PA. That has to be a record.

You sure it hit 70?? I'm only askin cause I only hit 57F yesterday and I'm only 20 miles away. Did you see anything worth shooting? The rain has made hunting miserable.

Side note, the longer range started to look interesting again. Another possible FROPA event before another cool down, although I never like the chance of a decent snowfall event from a FROPA. A wave of LP rarely developes along the front enough to throw precip back into the cold air, most of the precip stays to the east of the cold front.

0.80" of rain here today, bringing the monthly total to 4.96". Looks like Harrisburg should have easily broken 70" for the year today...crazy.

It was far too warm out in the woods the past two days for deer hunting. Ticks were terrible, and I was even bitten by some flies...awful. It was 58° this morning at 6:00AM as I left the cabin...never experienced weather like that opening week.

Finally, things are cooling off.. i even have a snow image to share currently. Also have had some occasional flakes mixing down here at home and in Altoona.

US 22@ Gallitzen interchange

post-1507-0-46597200-1322626576.jpg

0.80" of rain here today, bringing the monthly total to 4.96". Looks like Harrisburg should have easily broken 70" for the year today...crazy.

It was far too warm out in the woods the past two days for deer hunting. Ticks were terrible, and I was even bitten by some flies...awful. It was 58° this morning at 6:00AM as I left the cabin...never experienced weather like that opening week.

I've never had ticks on me in the woods before, much less this time of the year. This year changed all of that..the two times I was up checking out the hunting spot/putting the stand up this weekend i came back with multiple ticks on me. Fortunately none that burrowed..and then I got smart and hammered my body and clothes with tick spray when I went out Monday and today. But yea pretty much everyone at the camp that hunted had big issues with ticks..just unreal.

Coming home from Altoona tonight, crossing over Cresson Ridge and Dishong Mtn, was pretty crazy.

I had to use the reflectors on the side of the hwy, because I couldn't see road. Luckily U.S. 22 was still only wet.

Quite a few lightning flashes also.

So thundersnow up there?

Anafront

f162.gif

Does anyone know when was the last time we got snow from an anafront situation? They seem quite rare.

Coming home from Altoona tonight, crossing over Cresson Ridge and Dishong Mtn, was pretty crazy.

I had to use the reflectors on the side of the hwy, because I couldn't see road. Luckily U.S. 22 was still only wet.

Quite a few lightning flashes also.

The models seemed to nail this pretty well.

Speaking of them, the temp gradient in the long range GFS is sick. Not much separation on the 10m temps between the 0 and +10 line.

You sure it hit 70?? I'm only askin cause I only hit 57F yesterday and I'm only 20 miles away. Did you see anything worth shooting? The rain has made hunting miserable.

Side note, the longer range started to look interesting again. Another possible FROPA event before another cool down, although I never like the chance of a decent snowfall event from a FROPA. A wave of LP rarely developes along the front enough to throw precip back into the cold air, most of the precip stays to the east of the cold front.

Our cabin on Pigeon Hill in Germania (think its 1900ft) got to 66F, so I wouldn't doubt the reports of Galeton getting to 70F.

Archived