• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

i can't ever remember sitting in my stand wearing a long sleeve T shirt and a orange vest.

Probably have. Human memory often isn't that great and it seems to be especially bad with weather. I lost count of the times I have had people question something I said about a big snowstorm that is actually in the weather records, etc. with "You sure? I would have remembered that.."

But that was one of the warmer first days of deer season, no doubt.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably have. Human memory often isn't that great and it seems to be especially bad with weather. I lost count of the times I have had people question something I said about a big snowstorm that is actually in the weather records, etc. with "You sure? I would have remembered that.."

My dad said 1998 was a bit warmer...they ate outside at the picnic tables the weekend before opening day. This was pretty bad though...couldn't hike more than a couple hundred feet up the mountain without becoming a sweaty mess.

Oh, i wasn't saying it was the warmest ever on the 1st day or anything. I just don't remember being that uncomfortable where i started shedding that many clothes that early in the morning.

My dad said 1998 was a bit warmer...they ate outside at the picnic tables the weekend before opening day. This was pretty bad though...couldn't hike more than a couple hundred feet up the mountain without becoming a sweaty mess.

I agree, I think '98 had this one by about 5-10 degrees and actually after having a look at the history of KAOO on Wunderground this one didn't even come close to the duration of that warm outbreak. This year was more of a warm spell triggered by the heights ahead of that very deep cut off system.. '98 must've been more like an all out heat wave. Even more impressive, 1998 was one of those years with a late opening day (Nov 31). At any rate it was 60+ at KAOO from Nov 28th-Dec 7th (!!) that year..with a few days of 70+ smattered in there. I could only imagine what the eastern and southeastern PA stations looked like.

I agree, I think '98 had this one by about 5-10 degrees and actually after having a look at the history of KAOO on Wunderground this one didn't even come close to the duration of that warm outbreak. This year was more of a warm spell triggered by the heights ahead of that very deep cut off system.. '98 must've been more like an all out heat wave. Even more impressive, 1998 was one of those years with a late opening day (Nov 31). At any rate it was 60+ at KAOO from Nov 28th-Dec 7th (!!) that year..with a few days of 70+ smattered in there. I could only imagine what the eastern and southeastern PA stations looked like.

As i was reading your post, i remembered 98. We honestly cut our X-mas trees down in shorts and T-shirts early december. then went back and set on our porch drinking beer like it was summer time. Having said that, i still don't remember 1st day of deer season and the warmth.

As i was reading your post, i remembered 98. We honestly cut our X-mas trees down in shorts and T-shirts early december. then went back and set on our porch drinking beer like it was summer time. Having said that, i still don't remember 1st day of deer season and the warmth.

drunk.gif

lol, just kidding.

I also remember 1998, and double-checked it on AccuWeather Pro - that warm spell was really, really warm. I had forgot just how long it was.

I remember fishing in shorts/t-shirt on the Allegheny River above Pittsburgh. Man, were they ever biting. Fish must have thought it was April.

drunk.gif

lol, just kidding.

I also remember 1998, and double-checked it on AccuWeather Pro - that warm spell was really, really warm. I had forgot just how long it was.

I remember fishing in shorts/t-shirt on the Allegheny River above Pittsburgh. Man, were they ever biting. Fish must have thought it was April.

:lmao:

Much better weather today. Only problem, I didn't dress for it. axesmiley.png

Froze my arse off up on top of Gold Mine....which had the passing snow/rain squall BTW.

Nice. It was just some sprinkles down here in the valley. That's like 1600ft up there?

It was nice to have a more seasonal day, high around 46-47 here.

That's going to be the way it is this winter, I'm afraid. Same goes for writing anything off.

Yeah unfortunately with not much blocking, the winter is up in the air. If we can't get a -NAO we are def going to have to rely on the Pacific to help us out. Would be nice to have a substained -EPO here for a while. I wish the PNA would cooperate to, it looks to tank again this month :arrowhead: . I'm still not confident in the anafront type fropa event, they usually don't happen. I think the SE ridge is going to be the death of us this winter, in the longer range it looks to flex its muscles at times really pumping heights up in the NE, if we can get the PV to settle in eastern Canada that will be the saving grace as long as it doesn't suppress the storm track. It stinks not havin a -NAO because we need so many other things to come together to overcome the little blocking we have.

1206z GFS ensembles coming in much whiter for Wednesday. Mean snow liq equivalent 0.43". Not unusual at this time range, but members are still all over the place with this thing.

Ya, the 06z ensembles are indeed pretty good. Most show something, one of them showing an awesome setup. We're not completely hosed yet. :P

Archived