Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at the NAM

6z s/w location at 12/8 6z- Over Eastern AR/Western TN

12z location- Over Eastern TN/Western VA

:axe:

First the Halloween storm now this! 2 chances before the 1st of the year, good stuff! The days leading up to a storm, the flip flopping, its all part of the journey! A thursday Snow will make friday a fun hunting day!

NAM another big hit for SE pa and NYC...blah.

Sauss here is right on the flip flops.

Also, I wouldn't get too excited either way about the NAM right now. For one, it's outside it's best range and two, this set up is convoluted. If I am in York, I wouldn't spike the ball and in State College, I wouldn't necessarily declare this a total miss. Knowing this helps keep you somewhat sane.

Sauss here is right on the flip flops.

Also, I wouldn't get too excited either way about the NAM right now. For one, it's outside it's best range and two, this set up is convoluted. If I am in York, I wouldn't spike the ball and in State College, I wouldn't necessarily declare this a total miss. Knowing this helps keep you somewhat sane.

You know hard it is for us up north to keep hope when every big storm the last two years has missed us.

It's true man. I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but it seems to be the trend. Until it's bucked, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

You know hard it is for us up north to keep hope when every big storm the last two years has missed us.

I got 15 inches from the early Feb storm in 2010, and you got hit by the Feb 9 storm. I remember because you looked foolish after you declared that you would never ever get a storm over four inches ever ever again during one of your little fussy tantrums.

Remember my earlier post - this is not going to be a winter for p-ussies. If you don't have the backbone, either grow one or take up another hobby like knitting. Seriously - why bother if all you are going to do is come on here and b**ch.

If you do it too much, your posts are going to start disappearing.

I got 15 inches from the early Feb storm in 2010, and you got hit by the Feb 9 storm. I remember because you looked foolish after you declared that you would never ever get a storm over four inches ever ever again during one of your little fussy tantrums.

Remember my earlier post - this is not going to be a winter for p-ussies. If you don't have the backbone, either grow one or take up another hobby like knitting. Seriously - why bother if all you are going to do is come on here and b**ch.

JamieO, did I ever tell you I love you. <3

A few more musings from your friendly neighborhood Eskimo:

1.) NAM is not the final word, for that matter none are right now. Don't live and die by ever model run today or tomorrow AM. Look for trends at 500 / 700 / 850 for temperature and energy.

2.) At the worst I see 5", maybe 6" for someone that has good elevation. I do not expect this to be a big storm since the setup is just too progressive. This will probably be the case for most of the winter, dime and quarter events.

FTMFW

:clap:

JamieO, did I ever tell you I love you. <3

:o

A few more musings from your friendly neighborhood Eskimo:

1.) NAM is not the final word, for that matter none are right now. Don't live and die by ever model run today or tomorrow AM. Look for trends at 500 / 700 / 850 for temperature and energy.

2.) At the worst I see 5", maybe 6" for someone that has good elevation. I do not expect this to be a big storm since the setup is just too progressive. This will probably be the case for most of the winter, dime and quarter events.

Glad to see you peeking in and giving us your thoughts...i knew you would, you're lifer here!

Thanks, everyone. I just remembered something I did last year that was a good compromise so people don't get in trouble with the staff - a complaint/whining/share the pain thread. I'll start it. That way everyone's happy, the thread isn't clogged and those who want to vent have a place to go.

Edit - See here: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/30652-the-complaint-department-share-your-winter-pain-here/

Archived