12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not find them yet, but you pointed me in the right direction. That is exactly what I needed, well that plus a :beer: and a nice 12 hour siesta.

Hopefully that's the right source. Sure looks like a FSU plot to me.

Wonder if the GFS/UKMET temp profiles are the way to go here.

There is just no low level cold feed into the storm. Starting to think the NAM is creating all the snow through pure dynamics as it has the best H5 look.

Hopefully that's the right source. Sure looks like a FSU plot to me.

Wonder if the GFS/UKMET temp profiles are the way to go here.

There is just no low level cold feed into the storm. Starting to think the NAM is creating all the snow through pure dynamics as it has the best H5 look.

It is, the omega values on the 700mb charts are rather similar to the event in October. That, plus the precipitation occurring at night in early December makes it seems plausible, at least to me.

Sorry, tired as Eskimo Joe. I meant rest of the year.

I learned to dread Ninas after the ice festival that was the 2008-2009 winter.

I'm thinking something like this is possible with this storm.

Maroon: T-2"

Black: 2-6"

Orange: 4-8"

Purple: Possible Jackpot zone. 6-12" +

The colors just south of the jackpot zone is open for debate. Depends on how much WAA affects that region. If anything, my confidence is lending more towards a souther solution so if anything these totals could shift further south. Hope you guys like the map, it is just a guestimate at this time :)

Edit: Since the NAM has such a sharp cutoff, the totals I have might not work out for places in SW PA like PIT.

post-585-0-93552600-1323139534.jpg

For example

18z run has 9z freezing mark wedged all the way down to the Mason Dixon line

0z run its all the way up in the Pocono's

Pretty significant shift IMO....especially when its the cold outlier of the model world.

Talking about the surface? It is colder where precip is falling. Still around 32-33 where it is snowing. Warmer elsewhere.

f54.gif

Storm starts going to town at HR 48. 1008mb low over central North Carolina, with moderate to heavy precip starting to break out on the NW side. Energy at 500mb continues to close off, open back up but the longwave trough has clearly taken on a neutral tilt. At 850, the zero degree isotherm is setup right along I-81.

Archived