wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here KX....I'm going to be patient though. I have a feeling we'll make it up though with those WAA events.

im just teasing eastern...im not expecting much from this if any...so whatever does happen im good!

my snow goal this winter is to surpass my largest storm last year of 5" (during the lake effect)

if i can manage to beat that i will be happy.

18Z is an beast. Nice snow for PA?

PA is a big state and the nam gives me 0" - just saying :P

yeah we all can't win :) I guess I will take my 0" and like it! We make up for it with WAA events and what inland runner we can get. Might as well let south central and SE PA enjoy it while they can before the SE ridge decides to rampage.

How is that a complaint?? It's a fact...and I'm staying optimistic for the rest of the year. We do fairly well in La Nina set ups.

It's not a fact...it's your own opinion on the matter. It's one thing to be negative and provide solid analysis of why you are being negative, it's another to simply say "this won't happen because it won't"

My hopes aren't too high right now, but we are within reach of some kind of winter weather.

It's not a fact...it's your own opinion on the matter. It's one thing to be negative and provide solid analysis of why you are being negative, it's another to simply say "this won't happen because it won't"

My hopes aren't too high right now, but we are within reach of some kind of winter weather.

Exactly. Has the storm happened yet? No sonit is not a fact yet.

Btw 18z gefs once again NW of op.

I think south central PA is in a good spot...the trends in the models today have been our friend! :thumbsup:Oh course as usual, all my local METs down here are saying nothing, but rain... :axe:

While I fully respect the local on air mets for the trials they went through to get the BS in Meteorology, I do agree with you they have a tendency to be far too conservative WRT snow. 2009 - 2010 and the October 29 event should still be fresh in their memories. But at the same time I do not expect them to go bonkers every time a 60hr+ event presents itself. I just wish a mention of snow would be broadcast.

Hey boys....

First time I've been here in a while. This event is certainly interesting. I like the track on the ukie, maybe adjust it south just a whisker:

post-72-0-50208600-1323130631.gif

This would bring a solid advisory snow to areas south of I-80 and east of Route 119. (Most of us) And some areas could approach warning criteria south of Ebensburg-Altoona-Huntingdon-Williamsport.

I think a compromise between the 18z nam and 12z ukie would fit my idea perfectly.

TM

Hey boys....

First time I've been here in a while. This event is certainly interesting. I like the track on the ukie, maybe adjust it south just a whisker:

This would bring a solid advisory snow to areas south of I-80 and east of Route 119. (Most of us) And some areas could approach warning criteria south of Ebensburg-Altoona-Huntingdon-Williamsport.

I think a compromise between the 18z nam and 12z ukie would fit my idea perfectly.

TM

Hey there, I haven't seen you in too long, thanks for the input! Tomorrow should be quite interesting to see how forecasts change from the AM to PM. Finally something to track!

6z is morning commute?

Obviously it is not, and my apologies for any confusion my post may have caused. I was trying to extrapolate this image forward by 4 - 6 hours and thinking about what that snow would do to the roads. I just got back from work and am a tad fried, so I think I need to take a break and eat.

How is that a complaint?? It's a fact...and I'm staying optimistic for the rest of the year. We do fairly well in La Nina set ups.

You might be too far north. Wait and see though.

Ya, I agree guys, this one isn't ours. I am looking forward to some nice CAD events.

Same here KX....I'm going to be patient though. I have a feeling we'll make it up though with those WAA events.

im just teasing eastern...im not expecting much from this if any...so whatever does happen im good!

my snow goal this winter is to surpass my largest storm last year of 5" (during the lake effect)

if i can manage to beat that i will be happy.

yeah we all can't win :) I guess I will take my 0" and like it! We make up for it with WAA events and what inland runner we can get. Might as well let south central and SE PA enjoy it while they can before the SE ridge decides to rampage.

I have this funny feeling you all get nailed while I am trying not to fall on the half inch of ice covering my yard.

Archived