amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been steady at about 52 for the past few hours here (i'm only a few miles north of you), but it's now dropped a few tenths, and graphs indicate a slight downturn in temperature. Hopefully this trend continues, the faster it gets into the 30's, the happier i'll be.

*tried to link to weather history graphs on wunderground, but it says that image extension is not allowed on this community

yep now down to 50.3...so about a 1.5 degree drop or so since my last post so we should be headed down the next few hours...going to have to pick up the pace though. still i'm only expecting an inch tops here.

Anything of note good or bad as far as how this is developing? Been away from it for awhile.

Henry Margusity predicted State College to get 16", so a warm front for Honduras will be here by 4 p.m. Temps supposed to reach 75 degrees and thunderfrog (heavy frog falling with thunder) will fall from the sky overnight.

Henry Margusity predicted State College to get 16", so a warm front for Honduras will be here by 4 p.m. Temps supposed to reach 75 degrees and thunderfrog (heavy frog falling with thunder) will fall from the sky overnight.

That was a good one!

Temp is dropping as is the pressure.

It would appear they are starting to get some snow at Haneyville.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze88orm/

Anything of note good or bad as far as how this is developing? Been away from it for awhile.

Things seem to be progressing half decently, Laurels and some other high ground have already been over to snow. I"m seeing signs down where I'm at just off the Allegheny front that the full changeover will be happening soon in the form of bs wet flakes mixed in and cat paws hitting the vehicle windshields. We should be good to go for some decent snowfall if we can get a pretty clean transition before this comma head business with the rapidly deepening low itself really gets established over the area. I think we should do at least as well as the advisories for 2-4 CTP has out and there's a chance we could do better. Here was my forecast from last night, gonna be stickin with it since it looks good still.

post-1507-0-34157200-1323285950.png

That actually got me to go over there and look at his updated forecast and I fully expected him to have State college under something like 12-18 haha.

Things seem to be progressing half decently, Laurels and some other high ground have already been over to snow. I"m seeing signs down where I'm at just off the Allegheny front that the full changeover will be happening soon in the form of bs wet flakes mixed in and cat paws hitting the vehicle windshields. We should be good to go for some decent snowfall if we can get a pretty clean transition before this comma head business with the rapidly deepening low itself really gets established over the area. I think we should do at least as well as the advisories for 2-4 CTP has out and there's a chance we could do better. Here was my forecast from last night, gonna be stickin with it since it looks good still.

post-1507-0-34157200-1323285950.png

That actually got me to go over there and look at his updated forecast and I fully expected him to have State college under something like 12-18 haha.

Wet flakes mixing with the rain in Altoona now.

NAM soundings have the I-99 corridor all snow by 5:00pm. We could get a nice thump this evening with some great rates.

Wet flakes mixing with the rain in Altoona now.

NAM soundings have the I-99 corridor all snow by 5:00pm. We could get a nice thump this evening with some great rates.

Will those heavy rates you speak of make it as far East as Harrisburg? or will it stay to the West? This storm has a lot of moisture, wow!

Will those heavy rates you speak of make it as far East as Harrisburg? or will it stay to the West? This storm has a lot of moisture, wow!

I can see how some of the decent rates get to Harrisburg before it ends - you could easily see a few inches out of it. Since it will be after sunset, that should help all of us with accumulation.

And this thing does have a lot of moisture to work with. The back edge is still in the Smokies.

Archived