• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
November General Banter

Gastonwxman

If the P-Type across north AL tonight is still rain at 4am, I would call that a bad sign for us further to the east.

lets hope its snow there :) noticed in your sig your temps have really started dropping....send it this way

another heavy band of rain looks like it will be rotating this way shortly - will be interesting to see the total when i get home

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets hope its snow there :) noticed in your sig your temps have really started dropping....send it this way

another heavy band of rain looks like it will be rotating this way shortly - will be interesting to see the total when i get home

Yeah I've dropped 10 degrees since 11am so it should be knocking on your door.

Up to 1.67" now as the ULL wrapping up has really slowed the forward progress of the back edge of the precip.

Yeah I've dropped 10 degrees since 11am so it should be knocking on your door.

Up to 1.67" now as the ULL wrapping up has really slowed the forward progress of the back edge of the precip.

just got home and its 47 imby (a couple of degrees cooler than at the office with a little elevation) 2.05" so far and still coming down hard.

That is what Bob was trying to get at and sadly it spiraled a little bit out of control.

Really am letting this die but to be clear...I got miffed when WeatherNC (the mod) scolded Widre for posting a Day 10 Euro in a thread about what was already in essence outlandish. This set me off regarding allowing the topic...CAD was not really the point of my comment but my hyperbole got him involved...

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/29555-pattern-change/page__view__findpost__p__1116300

My modding days are long over but sometimes I seem to forget that (and there is no way I would go back to it!)...I really have no beef with CAD...there are thousands of weenie posts on this board...I have made my fair share over my span around here. It is the weather and we all get excitable otherwise we would not be here...sometimes I/we forget that.

And yes...we have hit the rainfall bullseye here....schools let out early due to street flooding...and will be on a two hour delay in the morning....It is looking as bad as Labor Day out there...

Mr. Bob, This is an observation post in the banter thread. You need to watch it.:)

I got miffed when WeatherNC (the mod) scolded Widre for posting a Day 10 Euro in a thread about what was already in essence outlandish. This set me off regarding allowing the topic...CAD was not really the point of my comment but my hyperbole got him involved...

I am new, cut me a bit of slack Bob, mistakes are going to happen along the way and I am learning... Was my rebuke of Widre's day 10 EC map a mistake, imo no, looking back should I have done that, no, but I am not going to go in there and remove it. My issue was more with the page of posts biting on the pessimism and derailing the thread, most of which I deleted before replying to his. I banned a member that day for continually trolling him/others in a hostile tone, however, reconsidered last night, thought a suspension was more in line, and lifted it. Not going to say who that member is, one can go back through this thread and find it, just saying my actions were directed towards preserving the topic at hand, and not letting it get side-tracked into a member-on-member feud, which it obviously did. :)

Really am letting this die but to be clear...I got miffed when WeatherNC (the mod) scolded Widre for posting a Day 10 Euro in a thread about what was already in essence outlandish. This set me off regarding allowing the topic...CAD was not really the point of my comment but my hyperbole got him involved...

http://www.americanw...ost__p__1116300

My modding days are long over but sometimes I seem to forget that (and there is no way I would go back to it!)...I really have no beef with CAD...there are thousands of weenie posts on this board...I have made my fair share over my span around here. It is the weather and we all get excitable otherwise we would not be here...sometimes I/we forget that.

I refuse to let you define what you were saying whistle.gif

I think that weak piece of energy wanting to come in Wed. night/Thur. could drop some flurries into central Ga. if it can find some moisture....and, no, I haven't been sniffing squirrel whiz :) It is just that kink has been in the contour for some runs now, and it won't give me peace. Plus I have just enough knowledge to know I don't know anything, lol. T

I think that weak piece of energy wanting to come in Wed. night/Thur. could drop some flurries into central Ga. if it can find some moisture....and, no, I haven't been sniffing squirrel whiz :) It is just that kink has been in the contour for some runs now, and it won't give me peace. Plus I have just enough knowledge to know I don't know anything, lol. T

It's those kinky contours that get you in trouble! smile.gif

Does squirrel whiz get you off??? Got any more? pepsi.gif

Lol, last year, or the year before, a kid, Snowdevil or something, (I think one of Cory's aliases) had probably his best piece of business, when he said his father was an old fashioned weather predictor, who went out and tasted the air, and sniffed squirrel whiz, etc. to predict the weather :) He was going on about a weak sw gonna to bring snow to Macon, as I recall. I think it did cloud up a bit, but couldn't find any moisture. T

From looks of it you may be right! But it can turn on a dime or just watch the GFS it will give you HOPEUM at least 10 days out, to be DENIED 2 days later!

Here's a quick run down of what's ahead, From a snowman's perspective. lol

Thing about is come Jan 1, We'll still be sitting here trying to figure out a way to get a winter storm this winter... :thumbsdown: This will be the year the +NAO and +AO steals Christmas winter.....

Pretty impressive 5 standard deviation positive temperature anomaly at 250 hPa associated with this cutoff low, associated with tropopause folding where stratospheric air (which is warmer than the minimum temperature near the top of the troposphere) is getting down to 500-600mb. This is certainly a dynamic system!

I hate being stupid.

Archived