• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November General Banter

Gastonwxman

Here is my miserable winter weather log from the winter of 2008/2009 for Dawsonville GA. A dusting on December 1st was the only snow on the ground I saw all winter.

1 12/1/2008 Snow .1" Scattered snow showers results in dusting. .01" liquid equivalent.

2 1/7/2009 Sleet T Brief sleet shower associated with wrap around moisture.

3 1/17/2009 Snow/Sleet/ZR T Very light snow changed to sleet then ZR. Dusting in places. Light glaze .16"

4 1/19/2009 Flurries T Few flurries during the early afternoon.

5 1/20/2009 Flurries T Few flurries during the early afternoon. 500mb trough.

6 2/3/2009 Flurries T Few flurries during the afternoon along arctic front.

7 2/4/2009 Flurries T Few flurries in early AM being arctic front.

8 3/1/2009 Rain/Snow Mix T Strong ULL south of Macon. Rain mixed with snow 130 to 330pm. Never changed over completely.

9 4/7/2009 Flurries T Few flurries/snow Showers from 7a to 3p from 500mb trough. .01" liquid equivalent.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know what would be cool. If this board had an update in the browser tab like Facebook and Twitter do; they put a number in parathensis when a new tweet or post comes in.

Dont get me wrong, Im on this dang board so much it may be considered stalking but I have to (and we all do) refresh the page everytime to see if a new post came in. Or if it refreshed like Twitter to where you click on the say 6 new post from the last time you were on.

Just venting I guess, but would love to see that happen.

Yea, it's kind of a pain. Of course I get email when new post are made and that helps, but when the board gets real busy it can't keep up with the email it needs to send. It would be nice if it had a little AJAX script that would periodically poll for new messages and give you some kind of alert.

Not only that, but I currently have 4 tabs open for the forum for different threads. It gets confusing real quick and you inevitably forget which one you're posting in and wind up getting a post in the wrong place.

Archived