e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

Have a light snow/rain mix

Temp 32.9F

Winds moderate out of the WNW

The winds knocked alot of the wet snow off the deciduous trees around here thankfully. There was a 4-truck plow train that came down the street around 4:30 pm with plows down scraping the asphalt. :huh: Not sure why (although I do appreciate the sand/salt that they dispersed too). Wish they had such man-power when we did have feet of snow out there earlier this year. LOL

Edit 5:15 pm - Looks like Ie getting into the snow band. Vis. now down to about 1 mile and winds out of the N. Temp dropped down to 32.7F.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF! :thumbsdown:

The snow is roughly 1/2" over my cut grass which I cut at about 2 1/2".

even with a white board you'd have some issues with melting today as the ground is still warm (it would "warm" the board a bit) .

Collegeville's measurer is another one who comes in high a lot.

Thanks everyone for the continued reports! Please pass them along to NWS Mount Holly especially if you are a spotter. Much appreciated! I am not sure if anyone at the office is monitoring this thread now in real time as my shift ended. Sounds really nasty across most of eastern PA and northern NJ. It is snowing decently at my house now with a slushy coating so far. Impressive early season winter storm!

I doubt PHL breaks the alltime snowiest october on record, unless we really get slammed for the next 3 to 6 hours with some very intense heavy snow.

Last hour the zone product for Delco said one inch. They just put out an update:

.TONIGHT...SNOW...MAINLY THIS EVENING. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO

5 INCHES. WINDY AND COLD WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS

15 TO 25 MPH...BECOMING NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

Last hour the zone product for Delco said one inch. They just put out an update:

.TONIGHT...SNOW...MAINLY THIS EVENING. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO

5 INCHES. WINDY AND COLD WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS

15 TO 25 MPH...BECOMING NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

There was some issues late this afternoon with the ZFP not picking up the storm total in the tonight (first period) portion of the forecast.

Just went out and shoveled a bit. The snow is heavy but slides easily. Took some measurements:

5.5" on blacktop driveway

8.5" on top of car

6" on top of metal bird feeder

8.5" in grass

Some limbs down here, not many in my yard. Trees definitely bent down pretty good. Heard some cracking in the woods. Still light snow currently.

Archived