Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about the same here Mike. I just returned from diving round the poconos from Lake Harmony area to Great Wolf Lodge and back. Terrible conditions and many many cars, tucks and buses off the road. Many were speeding on RT80…passed me….and piled up about a mile down.

940 was much safer though many car stuck or in ditch.

Made it back to the top of our mountain…..the expedition kick ass. 2011 has great balance, power and traction control…..though I was 4W locked all day…take no chances.

Be safe if you are out driving in the poconos…….the temps are dropping!!! Roads are going from packed slush to packed ice.

Road crews seem few and far between…..normally not the case up here…..115….940…..903……usually have crews cranking…..and treatment…..

wow, thanks for the heads up.

You know how it is up here....first snow of the season, everybody goes ape poo and all of a sudden has to go out driving somewhere...

When I was living in Stroudsburg, i noticed there were so many city transplants to the Poconos, they just didn't know how to drive in snow. They were the ones crashing, spinning, wrecking, piling up on 80, 380, 81, pike...

There is NO reason to be driving around the higher elevations today, unless you are armed with a camera and 4x4 so you can take pretty pictures for us stuck in the valleys :thumbsup:

wow, thanks for the heads up.

You know how it is up here....first snow of the season, everybody goes ape poo and all of a sudden has to go out driving somewhere...

80 was really bad……saw a bus take out a pickup…..

every accident I saw was stupidity in action…..and I saw at least 6 accidents…….and a dozen or more cars stuck…..in ditches…….or in the woods (minor though….no head on with tree)

In lake harmony they closed mosey wood…….apparently a verizon bucket truck flipped over and made a mess……

Glad I was able to collect all my kids and get home safe…..slow and steady is the only way to go in these conditions….if you must. My day started early…..should have ended by 1…..but the conditions extended things several hours.

27F here as well…..radar looks juicy

Whew power back on for now........ measured 8" in my driveway about 3 pm. (took a shower quick when the power came on since then) I'm near Seishotlzville, or about 4 miles NW of Hereford on the hill, 900' Just posting this while I still have power, have to read up on what is happening everywhere else!

Amazing. You guys are getting crushed and some much more to come. I'm guessing Grothar (Macungie) is in a similar situation.

Amazing. You guys are getting crushed and some much more to come. I'm guessing Grothar (Macungie) is in a similar situation.

If he's the guy at the top of the hill, yeah he is. At the bottom, maybe slightly less, but still impressive. I work in Fogelsville, at 2:15 they had like 5-6" on the car roofs, bit less in grass and on roads, but still pretty nice.

Archived