• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

Just made it to ABE a short time ago. My connection from PHL to ABE was cancelled and I made the drive.

As I was getting the rental car in PHL it was a mix of rain/sleet/snow. Driving north on the turnpike the road conditions were generally good except for visibility. Some on ramps and the shoulder of the roads are starting to get slushy. Once I hit the area around the Lehigh Valley interchange road conditions were pretty bad. There is a noticeable difference in accumulations from the area around the interchange east towards the airport on 22. I assume that little bit of extra elevation out there is really helping.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on things going forward:

Some intense bands across central PA/MD, extending southward....after the potential lull in our neck of the woods, this activity "should" lift northeast across eastern PA.

Northeast and east-central PA (Lehigh Valley) really should get creamed by that stuff.

My take on things going forward:

Some intense bands across central PA/MD, extending southward....after the potential lull in our neck of the woods, this activity "should" lift northeast across eastern PA.

Northeast and east-central (Lehigh Valley) really should get creamed by that stuff.

Yep, that should be a good thump at the end.

4" at 2pm.

Didn't expect to see a dryslot working in at this stage of the storm. Hope this redevelops and pivots in before too long

It has been well modeled by the HRRR for several runs. This dry slot of the transfer of energy to the Cold Conveyor Belt (CCB). Take a look at the radar along US. 15 west of Harrisburg. Big development underway.

Surprised to still have power here. For some odd reason, my house, even though it's on a tree-lined street, is the last to lose power or doesn't lose power at all. Anyway, it's still snowing heavily here with a temp of 32F. There's a football game a block away from me which is on TV and it's just 6-0 at halftime. Everybody screws up in snow games.

It does look as if the ccb in central PA is starting to intensify. Some big time banding features in there.

I can confirm that. Snowing at the best rate today just SW of Lancaster City in Lancaster County. Web cams to my west show near whiteout conditions. Those who are dry now, should get a good slug of snow later this afternoon.

Archived