joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like somewhere in that 4 to 5 inch range was the tipping point for most trees. Around here (under 4 inches of snow) most trees made it through unharmed other than the random large limb that fell in places.

Never thought I'd say "I'm glad" I got under 4 inches of snow.

Yup, when the Hudson Valley was crushed in early October 1987, we took a drive up the Taconic and it looked like about 3 to 4 inches was that storm's tipping point.

We lost power at my company in skillman for 18 hrs. Power is back up but we're being warned to be ready for a nasty commute. My sister's place a top Mt Moony in Morris county, 1000' ABSL got 18" and she is being told they will have no power until early next week. Her family will be staying in a hotel in Woodbridge. She said the tree damage was 30 times greater than Irene.

Sounds like NW Chesco above 500 ft is a mess. Neighbors reporting local stores still without power as are all homes in both East Nantmeal and surrounding townships. Plus no reports from American weather posters such as WhtMtn Weather and Iceman56....I will be back up there shortly....thankful I have generator as Peco now says no power till 11pm tomorrow. Down here at the shore its another world....just a sunny chilly fall day. Hope all impacted stay safe and get power back ASAP

Archived