12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Grothar's along Rt 100 about two miles north of Macungie. I think everyone in the area has about the same amounts, elevation or not.

I work in Fogelsville, just north of him. Down (up) the hill there is def. a bit more. Maybe a couple inches more. The thing is, it sticks to the pavement better up here. I had 8" in the driveway at 3pm... (must be 10+ in the driveway now, not a snowboard measurement.......) If I used a snowboard, I"m sure the total would be insane here. Compared to most storms of this type, the valley actually did very well compared to the hill this time, it was still an epic event everywhere around here :) I was also slipping and sliding pretty good on the way up the hill, deep snow on the road. That was at 3pm lol.

Just measured 1 inch total here in Brookhaven,Pa. most of which was that sleet/slop that kept on going back and fourth all damn day here, my old stomping grounds did damn well congrats John and those in the northern end of the county of Delco. No-more accumulations expected here. Had to go out a few mins ago to measure. This was a bigtime bonus storm.

Pretty clear most folks are still without power in NW Chester County....as no reports have come in with the exception of 6.5" in Elverson and 7.0" from my neighbors in East Nantmeal...my power back in East Nantmeal is still out. Looking forward to hearing reports once folks get back up and running..

35.9 here in Sea Isle City and still light rain (not 1 flake of snow today)

Radar would have you believe that its snowing decently here, but its really very light. Precip intensity seems to be overestimated by 5-10dBZ on radar right now. Perhaps its due the slight increase in warm air which is causing some melting, thus causing the snow flakes to be more reflective than you might expect.

What's your accumulation rate? Mine is virtually 0.

Ray, you came home for this storm? :) I thought it was you that called the office a few times today while I was there. I did not answer the phones though as I was glued to the data and gridded database. Good times!

Ray, you came home for this storm? :) I thought it was you that called the office a few times today while I was there. I did not answer the phones though as I was glued to the data and gridded database. Good times!

I did ;) Figured this had a good shot at being historic for the month of October, so it would be cool to see it in person, even though the odds of a "huge" storm were very low. And it was cool :)

I work in Fogelsville, just north of him. Down (up) the hill there is def. a bit more. Maybe a couple inches more. The thing is, it sticks to the pavement better up here. I had 8" in the driveway at 3pm... (must be 10+ in the driveway now, not a snowboard measurement.......) If I used a snowboard, I"m sure the total would be insane here. Compared to most storms of this type, the valley actually did very well compared to the hill this time, it was still an epic event everywhere around here :) I was also slipping and sliding pretty good on the way up the hill, deep snow on the road. That was at 3pm lol.

I can't imagine taking the road in front of Bear Creek in a storm like this. Congrats on the storm. I missed it by a day. Won't arrive back until tomorrow afternoon. I live in the Breinigsville area when I'm there.

Archived