• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

Well, as it turns out, the measily 1.2" that fell from 18Z-0Z here in Ewing melted down to a whopping 0.55" liquid. 2:1 ratio. So its obviously falling but lots and lots of melting. Total for the day up through 0Z is 1.54" liquid for 3.0" of snow.

I probably had a lower ratio, as if that's a contest I wanted to win. :rolleyes: 1.2 inches here, 1.53" after it started snowing, although we want back/forth snow. sleet & rain, even ended as rain after the intensity diminished.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a look at the jcpl maps. Just over 100k without power in Morris county. Total for jcpl in no was about 200k without power......mostly in the NW section of NJ......nor of 287 cutting through raritain basic to del river.......west of the GSP.

Sun is doing a good job on the roads.....no worries there.

I probably had a lower ratio, as if that's a contest I wanted to win. :rolleyes:1.2 inches here, 1.53" after it started snowing, although we want back/forth snow. sleet & rain, even ended as rain after the intensity diminished.

I am not buying that snow measurement. :whistle:

Thousands remain without power in the Lehigh Valley. I am good up here in the southern Poconos, even my cable/internet/phone is back.

Lehigh University in Bethlehem is still without power. They are urging students on campus without power to leave their residence halls and seek shelter with friends/family off campus until power is restored. Also classes are cancelled tomorrow.

Thousands remain without power in the Lehigh Valley. I am good up here in the southern Poconos, even my cable/internet/phone is back.

Lehigh University in Bethlehem is still without power. They are urging students on campus without power to leave their residence halls and seek shelter with friends/family off campus until power is restored. Also classes are cancelled tomorrow.

Incredible, but not surprising given the amount of wet snow that fell yesterday and the associated weight on the trees (with leaves) and power lines.

There was a Cocorahs observation from Mount Laurel that was exactly the same, so it must be true. :yikes:

I had about the same, and I'm right near the 'border' of Mt. Laurel. Most of it from the extended period of rain/sleet/graupel/slurpee/big flakes that we got before the changeover, which begrudgingly happened around sundown...

Took a drive up to northern Hopewell and the Amwells this afternoon, where reported totals were twice what I had in Ewing. Lots of trees and branches down, some wires still across roads here and there. It appeared that there is no power across much of northern Hopewell Township and Hopewell Boro as all the traffic lights were out.

Took a drive up to northern Hopewell and the Amwells this afternoon, where reported totals were twice what I had in Ewing. Lots of trees and branches down, some wires still across roads here and there. It appeared that there is no power across much of northern Hopewell Township and Hopewell Boro as all the traffic lights were out.

yea my work at the course looks like a war zone with the damage to the trees with 4-5 inches of hvy wet snow.... ill take some pics tomorrow and try and upload them to if i get a chance

yea my work at the course looks like a war zone with the damage to the trees with 4-5 inches of hvy wet snow.... ill take some pics tomorrow and try and upload them to if i get a chance

Looks like somewhere in that 4 to 5 inch range was the tipping point for most trees. Around here (under 4 inches of snow) most trees made it through unharmed other than the random large limb that fell in places.

Never thought I'd say "I'm glad" I got under 4 inches of snow.

Looks like somewhere in that 4 to 5 inch range was the tipping point for most trees. Around here (under 4 inches of snow) most trees made it through unharmed other than the random large limb that fell in places.

Never thought I'd say "I'm glad" I got under 4 inches of snow.

I've had similar thoughts. Though of course, also glad since it verified my forecast perfectly ;)

Archived