12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final driveway (paved) measurement, 11.5" That's not cleared, just a ruler stuck in. Huffs Church is close to me, and they had someone report 13" when it was still snowing, so I'm guess their official total would be 14"..... If I had used a snowboard and measured correctly, 11.5 compacted would seem to be in line with that, right?

1319935851[/url]' post='1082181']

Temperature actually up a degree to 34 as the snow ends here. 3.5" total.

I'm actually happy this slop will be gone within a few days. Love the snow, but don't need on the ground for long this time of year.

Agreed...snow is a bit too early for my tastes.

1319936359[/url]' post='1082207']

I can't imagine taking the road in front of Bear Creek in a storm like this. Congrats on the storm. I missed it by a day. Won't arrive back until tomorrow afternoon. I live in the Breinigsville area when I'm there.

Congrats on digging out tomorrow?

Anyone in Monmouth right now? Sick looking band over there; 30+ dbz echos. Tapering off to lt snow here in Villanova.

It was quite awesome, went from 1.5" slop to 3.5 snow on the grass and 3.1 on car surface. Had 4" tree branch miss my truck by five feet. Never though more than 2" would fall here so 3.5 is indeed an over achiever here. Mt Holly snow map had Freehold area under 2" and with that last band I'm sure Colts Neck did better than 2 as well.

I saw on Upton PNS that West Milford at 1100 ft is reporting 19 inches or something crazy. Must assume the community of High Lakes, NJ is around the same

Yes it seems the NJ jackpock zone is the higher terrain along the Sussex & Passaic County borders extending down into northern and western Morris County.

Liquid-equivalent here in Ewing: 1.64" Only 0.10" after 0Z though.

1.60" in the heated rain gauge. Snow total is 16.8" so I suspect the rain gauge was pretty darn close or perhaps a tenth or so under reality which would but ratios at a pretty typical 10/1 which seems reasonable given the temp and dp were pretty much 32/31 all day.

Archived