12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue lights flashing in the sky as transformers blow here in the Villanova area. Luckily we've got power still.

3" so far, 32F, moderate SN now. Breezy.

Got about 3.5" on the ground and 5" on the grass here in Nova. It was sticking to the grass since 9 this morning and total was definitely not inflated by the typical grass measurement. Cleared an area right next to it and it went all the way to the ground on the grass. Just cut my grass too yesterday before the storm.

What a storm. October 29th. Unreal.

And Isotherm this is for you!

383117_10150896677480591_724255590_21439779_1321911589_n.jpg

I thought you guys from Pottstown to Graterford would have done better in this storm. Amazing what 25 miles can do in marginal setups.

200 ft. elevation FTL.

I know from driving north of Limerick earlier today they easily had 2x as much by noon. I bet places like Gilbertsville and Boyertown were closer to 6"

Oh, and I'm not complaining about 3.5" of snow. In my mind, I thought I'd get about 3" tops here.

Got about 3.5" on the ground and 5" on the grass here in Nova. It was sticking to the grass since 9 this morning and total was definitely not inflated by the typical grass measurement. Cleared an area right next to it and it went all the way to the ground on the grass. Just cut my grass too yesterday before the storm.

383117_10150896677480591_724255590_21439779_1321911589_n.jpg

Haha great shot man. It's certainly an awesome scene out there. We'll be talking about this one for a long time -- snow falling all day on October 29th!! Incredible. :snowman:

I live like 10ish miles from there and have around a inch lol. This storm is really something.

I pretty sure accumulations are done here in IMBY haven't seen much over the past 1 or 2 hours seems like its melting faster then its falling. I am really looking foward to this setup, sans the dry slot, in December, January and February. Should be a fun winter (hopefully).

I thought you guys from Pottstown to Graterford would have done better in this storm. Amazing what 25 miles can do in marginal setups.

I'm only at 175' in elevation. I won't fare well in this although a guy with a slanted ruler and a slush pile probably measured around Collegeville earlier. popcorn.gif

200 ft. elevation FTL.

I know from driving north of Limerick earlier today they easily had 2x as much by noon. I bet places like Gilbertsville and Boyertown were closer to 6"

Oh, and I'm not complaining about 3.5" of snow. In my mind, I thought I'd get about 3" tops here.

Yep...I know a lot of Gilbertsville and Pottsgrove are w/o power or were at one point. Not fun once you get up Swamp Pike.

I live like 10ish miles from there and have around a inch lol. This storm is really something.

Yep every inch away from the city meant everything this storm. I just drove my gf home in souther delco in Aston and it was wet/lightly snowing on the blue route. The second I hit the wayne/conshohocken area on my way back it was heavy snowing/roads completely covered and everything. Elevation around Nova is a lot better than surroundings areas as well which really helped as you can see with Isotherm's total as well.

I'm only at 175' in elevation. I won't fare well in this although a guy with a slanted ruler and a slush pile probably measured around Collegeville earlier. popcorn.gif

Yep...I know a lot of Gilbertsville and Pottsgrove are w/o power or were at one point. Not fun once you get up Swamp Pike.

dude..you can have a collegeville address and not live in the town.

My brother that live sin skippack twp had a choice of a harleysville, collegeville or Skippack address, Skiippack you have to drive to the po box.

My brother had around 5 inches in skippack twp near harleyville

My brother that live sin skippack twp had a choice of a harleysville, collegeville or Skippack address, Skiippack you have to drive to the po box.

:huh:

You're not going to call in and say Collegeville if you live in Skippack considering there's five miles difference the communities, dude. If you do, that's not giving an accurate report of where you're really at. If he's near Harleysville, he's even further away than Collegeville. Why would someone call in with a Harleysville total and say they live in Collegeville?

And, that's is totally legit b/c Harleysville is 350-450 ft.

We are roughly 200 ft lower in elevation and nowhere in Collegeville area that I am aware of has elevation over 400 ft. All we are saying is 5+" in Collegeville is not a good representation of what fell in our area/elevation.

You're not going to call in and say Collegeville if you live in Skippack considering there's five miles difference the communities, dude. If you do, that's not giving an accurate report of where you're really at. If he's near Harleysville, he's even further away than Collegeville. Why would someone call in with a Harleysville total and say they live in Collegeville?

Right....I have a 19426 (Collegeville zip) but live near and give reports for Graterford.

my brother did not call in that total. My point was that if you have a collegeville address, you may not live in the town.

the same hold true for Edison, NJ. We have 70 sq miles in the twp, third biggest in NJ for a city or something.

Br,

darkstar

Archived