e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The deformation band could be everything for us here in Delco --- and it seems to really look like it's headed our way. Snowing moderately here in South Media, PA.

I just looked out at the large maple tree out my back window with snow starting to accumulate on it and said to my wife: "Just about nobody has ever seen this in the history of weather keeping in this very place!"

She seemed extremely unimpressed, but I thought you guys would 'get it'...

Is that the Sheraton Jetport on Airport Rd (rte 987)?? I think it's may be the Four Seasons now.

No. I am staying off of Catasaqua Rd next to the 22/Airport Rd interchange in one of the Marriott's.

Road conditions here are much better than say 10 miles west. I'm curious to see how big of a difference places like Emmaus/South Mountain have compared to what falls at ABE. Right now there is at least a 4-5 inch difference. Every little bit of elevation is helping here. I think ABE airport is one of the lowest lying places along the 22 corrider.

The deformation band could be everything for us here in Delco --- and it seems to really look like it's headed our way. Snowing moderately here in South Media, PA.

I just looked out at the large maple tree out my back window with snow starting to accumulate on it and said to my wife: "Just about nobody has ever seen this in the history of weather keeping in this very place!"

She seemed extremely unimpressed, but I thought you guys would 'get it'...

Yeah this band means business for sure.

If it hasn't been mentioned, Lehigh University in Bethlehem has been without power since before 2pm, and power is still out now (I'm receiving email updates and checking by trying to log into some servers i have access to on campus).

I'm at home now though (still light snow here currently). Power here recently blinked off/on a few times but it is currently on. Trees are enduring quite a load right now, but fortunately many leaves have already fallen here, as opposed to just south of me in the Lehigh Valley.

It's close for us man. I'm very close to Brookhaven, so righ where you are, and watching the radar pivot, I'm wondering if we get in on some insane action the next couple hours...

I'm going outside because, well, I have to...

I hope we can pickup an inch or so. I have had 1/2 inch of sleet already today, so hopefully we can pickup an inch or 2 of SNOW not a sleet snow mix. Be very careful out there.

I live in West Amwell, outside Lambertille. Lost power before 2pm. The damage to the trees is hard to fathom. Tree fell on my truck. We got out, needed to turn around a couple of time b/c of trees blocking the road but sitting comfortable in a hotel near TTN. Estimate from 3-6 inches fell at home by the time we left.

Archived