• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 2

am19psu

Jim Cantore on TWC just had his 4th thundersnow ever on a live shot ! He is in Harrisburg and said there are 18,000 without power.

Starting to get dicey out here in the York / Harrisburg / Lancaster area. York County has over 14,000 people with out power, with nearly every tree sagging in my neighborhood. Won't be long now I suppose.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad planted fall cabbage and broccoli. I hope they make it.

Well the Broccoli raab was a fall experiment which looks like a success for future falls anyway.

Fig trees not so great either, they're catching all of the snow and sleet, gonna have to shake them later. At least enough wind (but not too much) to knock the snow off the trees so far. Now back to rain, sleet & snow. 33.4F up the block from me.

Sparta, NW NJ 1PM

Elevation: 900'

Temp: 33

DP: 31

Wind: Calm (or the instrument may be stuck)

Snow: Estimated 2"

Liquid: 0.18"

Moderate snow

I was out recently shacking the snow off the smaller trees and shrubs which still have significant foilage on them. Will be a constant battle to save them. Still early in this event but are we seeing a trend that was similar to last year just not nearly as extreme. That being the heaviest bands as they develop will favor more eastern areas then western ones. Last winter this left some high and dry. Will have to see how this unfolds but it is possible this may happen again just to a much less severe degree then last winter.

SN (had some dinner plate sized flakes that are getting smaller now)

Temp 32.5F

Winds out of the NE light/moderate

Just got off the phone with my sis and she said she has 1/2" in her BY in Wyndmoor and she had just gotten back from Ambler where there was a white-out. She said that she waited before hitting the road home and she said that people were actually doing a "slow" 35 mph on 309 (where normal speeds are like 70 :lmao: )

Archived