EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
November Discussion

DaculaWeather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold and windy here in the east. Highest official gust at the airport was around 950 last night, 38 mph. Getting ready to do some fall oriented yard work and tend to the clover cause the deer have been munching.

Hopefully the wind lays up by this afternoon should make the deer move hard I imagine they were locked down tight last night.....worked all night so didnt get to see all the wind to much....we might be trying a gtg at steve's here soon pm me......

I guess I'll be the first to say something. The 6z GFS would indicate a possible change over to wet snow for a large portion of central NC. The 850 line would have just passed RDu at 147. Definitly not biting on this right now but it is a little interesting.

I saw that too, and just looking at the NAO index, it would appear that the pattern is about to change.......

nao.sprd2.gif

Snow shadow over the foothills.sun.gif However, this will probably end up a mountain only event in my opinion.

Two things I notice about that map (besides the NC snow) First, is the 4 feet of snow predicted in the Rockies. Next is the snow predicted in the upper midwest. It's about time we start laying down some snowcover in Southern Canada and the US northern tier.

The SE Crew is the best of the best :wub:

And it's because of people like you in all seriousness. I mean that. :)

At any rate, I will be glad when we put this 'luke cool" weather behind us and get to the good stuff. I always hate this time of year weather wise because lows in the 30s/40s and highs in the 50s/60s is as boring and annoying as it gets and just wants me to want winter to hurry up and get here. It reminds me of march/early april where you just wish the warm weather will get here.

I was looking at my snow pics from last year and it gave me goose bumps (seriously)..god I hope we can have a winter that is even half as good. It will be hard to come close to how awesome last winter was (not only because of how much snow I got but because so many were hit) but hopefully we get at least one or two good storms.

I've had frost with temps near or below freezing every morning though for 4 or 5 days except this morning, so at least that's a positive.

And it's because of people like you in all seriousness. I mean that. :)

At any rate, I will be glad when we put this 'luke cool" weather behind us and get to the good stuff. I always hate this time of year weather wise because lows in the 30s/40s and highs in the 50s/60s is as boring and annoying as it gets and just wants me to want winter to hurry up and get here. It reminds me of march/early april where you just wish the warm weather will get here.

I was looking at my snow pics from last year and it gave me goose bumps (seriously)..god I hope we can have a winter that is even half as good. It will be hard to come close to how awesome last winter was (not only because of how much snow I got but because so many were hit) but hopefully we get at least one or two good storms.

I've had frost with temps near or below freezing every morning though for 4 or 5 days except this morning, so at least that's a positive.

Thank you Lookout for the kind words :blush: :wub:

Only made it down to 45 deg last night. I was going to rake up some leaves today, but with the wind still gusting to 20mph, they are blowing out of my yard and into the street saving me the trouble :lol:

Thank you Lookout for the kind words :blush: :wub:

Only made it down to 45 deg last night. I was going to rake up some leaves today, but with the wind still gusting to 20mph, they are blowing out of my yard and into the street saving me the trouble :lol:

Sorry, you didn't get much rain! But at least you aren't having to rake wet leaves :) Looks like several more attempts at rain for us, if Goofy is right, so next time you get hammered!! T

Sorry, you didn't get much rain! But at least you aren't having to rake wet leaves :) Looks like several more attempts at rain for us, if Goofy is right, so next time you get hammered!! T

There is not many left to rake as most of them went across the street and into the woods :lol:

Good day fellow Southeasterners, sorry I havent posted much lately but hopefully will be able to contribute as winter comes in!

Glad to see you haven't forgotten about us :hug: You should visit more often :sun:

before we get to the potential blocking which sends the east into a colder regime, the West is going to have bouts of cold and wet weather. Thats good news for those areas , they seem to be in perpetual drought. Well down into southern Cal and the Southwest should get decent to very good rains over the next week to 10 days. Those storms will cut up through the Plains, so another max of rainfall there. So far this Nina is not dry as most Ninas, anywhere really. It looks pretty active far as we can see. The pattern is loaded with shortwaves around the globe...no end in sight. This bodes well for major Winter storms in the U.S. in a short while.

If it snows half a deep as the leaves in my yard right now I'll be thrilled haha.

Speaking of leaves though really pretty colors this year. It's lasted a while too and there's been tons of beautiful weather to see them in. Today was another one of those. Just makes ya feel good inside. :)

I know what you mean, I just bought new blowers for my employees. They are falling here but still not heavy, usually week before Thanksgiving is the worse

I know what you mean, I just bought new blowers for my employees. They are falling here but still not heavy, usually week before Thanksgiving is the worse

speaking of leaves, the Dogwoods around here are the most deep colored purple ever. I keep sort of a mental record on the colors, overall its a great year here, well above average in terms of color, but the dogwoods have been a bizarre color of deep purple, which I've never seen. Anywhere else see them this color? Just about everyone is that way in the county.

Archived