joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

DaculaWeather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my Goodness. This must be another Severe Thunderstorm. These winds are insane and this lightning. These storms are just training right over our area here in Waycross. This street is flooded with water and leaves. Surprised the power hasnt cut out. The NWS did issue a special weather until 11pm for winds of 45-55mph.

Oh my Goodness. This must be another Severe Thunderstorm. These winds are insane and this lightning. These storms are just training right over our area here in Waycross. This street is flooded with water and leaves. Surprised the power hasnt cut out. The NWS did issue a special weather until 11pm for winds of 45-55mph.

Yes indeed it is.

post-347-0-02085600-1321502803.png

Prayers for Rock Hill, SC.

"The York County Sheriff's Office said one victim who died lived with his wife on Skyline Drive and the winds were so severe their home was tossed across the road and found in the woods behind a neighbor’s house."The man's name has not been released. His wife is reported missing, and crews have spent much of the night searching the open fields with flashlights.

After what happened down here in April I wouldn't mind if I never had another tornado warning again.

Yep, today took me right back to April, watching those rotations spin up down around LaGrange, and Opelika, and Auburn....and long lived again. It's like looking at a cannon loaded with cannister. I'm ready to kick back, and just deal with the ice storm that is coming one day soon :) T

Well that just about does it for today. 69 was the high here (without any sun peaking out) and reached 1.13" total. What a day this was tracking several of these storms. I'm mentally tired now. :wacko: Haven't exercised my brain this much since the creation of my winter forecast lol. Exciting nonetheless, though. Now to prepare for the colder conditions. Low temperatures still looking to be in the upper 20s to low 30s for some for the next two nights ahead.

From well-respected severe weather met out of Alabama...

"Instability is increasing across the region (in Alabama), but the shear is starting to rapidly decrease. For the most part, this is going as expected. Still, a couple of isolated, weak, short-lived tornadoes remain possible for at least a few more hours, before transitioning to predominantly a damaging wind threat. Still think the main threat east of I-75 into the Carolinas will be damaging straight-line winds."

Earlier note from Alabama met...

Wow, I went to bed after the BHM/Anniston area storm passed across the state line, and things got way out of hand! I went back and looked at the past 6 hours or so of mesoscale analysis, and the 0-1 km storm relative helicity was almost TRIPLE of what it was expected to be across GA/SC/south central NC by any of the forecast guidance. That, combined with the fact that we already had sufficient instability there, and BOOM. Really irritated that I missed this one

This was quite the event.... The National Weather Service in Birmingham has already put out a PNS for the tornado in Lee County... They said it was on the ground for 27 miles, at least, and likely and EF 1 or 2. It will be interesting to see what Peachtree City finds in Harris County. Considering there was tornado damage reported in Montgomery, at least that's what I saw yesterday, and the same cell went through southern Elmore County and into Lee County... This thing could very well have been on the ground more than 50 miles... Of course, it could have hopped and skipped around, but it had a hell of a signature on SRV with it being the most defined through Harris County, close to Hamilton. Some of the pictures coming from Harris County High School show the cars were damaged by flying debris, while a few buildings had their roofs partially peeled back.

What's ironic... I was telling viewers yesterday morning that there was the possibility of AN ISOLATED tornado... Who knew that that one, maybe 2, tornado would be fairly long tracked...

It sure was a rush to cover all of this as it went through our second most populous city (Auburn/Opelika, I group them together lol) and a pretty important county for our DMA (Harris County where the more wealthy people live). We haven't heard of any fatalities, locally, though there has been a girl on Facebook saying her friend died when her car was flipped, but that's NOT NOT NOT confirmed... If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know.

My heart goes out to all the victims of these tornadoes to my east... It's never a good feeling, as a meteorologist, when you hear of people being killed by tornadoes... :( Let's hope NEXT week's system isn't as bad...

Got around 2 1/2 inches from Tuesday and yesterday, what a system.

Currently the temp is 36 and it is SNOWING!!!!!! Not much but it is the first flakes of the season.

I also wanted to say my prayers are going out to everyone effected by yesterday's tornadoes, this awful year just keeps on going.

This was quite the event.... The National Weather Service in Birmingham has already put out a PNS for the tornado in Lee County... They said it was on the ground for 27 miles, at least, and likely and EF 1 or 2. It will be interesting to see what Peachtree City finds in Harris County. Considering there was tornado damage reported in Montgomery, at least that's what I saw yesterday, and the same cell went through southern Elmore County and into Lee County... This thing could very well have been on the ground more than 50 miles... Of course, it could have hopped and skipped around, but it had a hell of a signature on SRV with it being the most defined through Harris County, close to Hamilton. Some of the pictures coming from Harris County High School show the cars were damaged by flying debris, while a few buildings had their roofs partially peeled back.

What's ironic... I was telling viewers yesterday morning that there was the possibility of AN ISOLATED tornado... Who knew that that one, maybe 2, tornado would be fairly long tracked...

It sure was a rush to cover all of this as it went through our second most populous city (Auburn/Opelika, I group them together lol) and a pretty important county for our DMA (Harris County where the more wealthy people live). We haven't heard of any fatalities, locally, though there has been a girl on Facebook saying her friend died when her car was flipped, but that's NOT NOT NOT confirmed... If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know.

My heart goes out to all the victims of these tornadoes to my east... It's never a good feeling, as a meteorologist, when you hear of people being killed by tornadoes... :( Let's hope NEXT week's system isn't as bad...

more severe weather?

Archived