EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
November Discussion

DaculaWeather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "continue to track a tornado" is quite misleading and can be the equivalent of "continued to indicate a possible tornado". Judging by radar it likely nothing is on the ground.

Yeah, I think NWS offices are trying to remove the uses of that wording.

Just checked and the couplet appears to have weakened.

Hearing unconfirmed reports of a Food Lion(at Lexington) being damaged to destroyed and people possibly being pulled out. New unconfirmed reports of 2 gas stations in the are being damaged too along with a seafood place and scattered EF 0 tornado damage.

News 2 is now confirming that the seafood place was damaged and the people are injured and trapped in buildings.

111116083908_Davidson%20Co%20Damage.JPG111116073041_Skippers%20Seafood.jpg

111116084759_DC%20Property%20Damage.jpg111116084348_Davidson%20Co%20Damage2.JPG

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHWESTERN HALIFAX COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

SOUTHERN WARREN COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 1030 PM EST

* AT 944 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

TORNADO OVER AFTON...OR 9 MILES SOUTHWEST OF WARRENTON...MOVING

EAST AT 45 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

WARRENTON...

ARCOLA...

AIRLIE...

LITTLETON...AIRLIE...

ROSEMARY...ROANOKE RAPIDS...

You know the weather is dull across the county with the SE Thread has been hijacked from "outsiders". LOL....just kidding. Glad yall are here tonight participating in the action.

Looks like the couplet has weakened quite a bit. They got lucky. LOL very boring here indeed. We were supposed to get strong tornadoes 2 days ago and we had not a single report of one. The worst tornadoes that day were in New York, and they weren't even in the SPC outlook area lol.

Looks like the couplet has weakened quite a bit. They got lucky. LOL very boring here indeed. We were supposed to get strong tornadoes 2 days ago and we had not a single report of one. The worst tornadoes that day were in New York, and they weren't even in the SPC outlook area lol.

After what happened down here in April I wouldn't mind if I never had another tornado warning again.

Wakefield may want to contemplate a warning for their first county soon.

I was hoping they would have either issued the SVR earlier or just gone

straight to a TOR, but they waited to see if the storm was weakening before

choosing an SVR, only to move back up two scans later.

NEXRAD is a great tool, but still leaves a few minutes of key scanning time in the dark for storms.

RN and wind here @ PGV, wind somewhat variable ATM, gusting close to 30... Looks like we dodged a bullet here in Eastern NC, MCS type worked through just to the south while the best mid and upper level support are going by just to the north. Good deal, could have used the RN, but happy with the <quarter inch we are likely going to get.

sent from my iPhone

Archived