• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November Discussion

DaculaWeather

And it just disappeared from the last radar image.

The neg velocities were pretty meager on that scan you posted, no surprise it is gone when looking a BV. Unsure if the cell is taking on more of a wind threat, base velocities would support that. However, when looking at relative motion one can still see a good deal of precip folding back on the cell. Also starting to grow concerned about those semi-discrete cells firing in a more unstable environment to the south and east, pushing 67 dbz.

post-382-0-74661700-1321475950.png

post-382-0-61446700-1321475962.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, well you had a very active day then, must have been very exciting to be on live TV while that was happening. I'm glad to hear nobody got killed (as of now). I have a few family members who live in the Opelika area, I have not heard damage reports from them yet.

Here's a picture a viewer sent in to the station... Quite telling... We still haven't seen anything from Harris County other than a few cars damaged in the parking lot.

EDIT: Picture sent in by Bianca Harris from Auburn.

post-1807-0-55068500-1321476168.jpg

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

344 PM EST WED NOV 16 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTH CENTRAL GLASCOCK COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA

CENTRAL WASHINGTON COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA

* UNTIL 430 PM EST

* AT 341 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR

SANDERSVILLE...MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

EDGEHILL...AVERA...STAPLETON AND WRENS.

Here's a picture a viewer sent in to the station... Quite telling... We still haven't seen anything from Harris County other than a few cars damaged in the parking lot.

EDIT: Picture sent in by Bianca Harris from Auburn.

I just heard from one of my cousins in Auburn/Opelika...

Several places..my dad and brother were on wire road and it went right thru there. Lots and lots of damage but they are OK...thankfully! I also know damage around tiger town...just lots of prayers

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

355 PM EST WED NOV 16 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHEASTERN ABBEVILLE COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

EAST CENTRAL ANDERSON COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

SOUTHEASTERN GREENVILLE COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

EXTREME NORTHWESTERN GREENWOOD COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

NORTHERN LAURENS COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF LAURENS...

* UNTIL 445 PM EST

* AT 354 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 3 MILES SOUTH OF

HONEA PATH...OR 16 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ANDERSON...MOVING NORTHEAST

AT 45 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

PRINCETON AND WARE SHOALS...

BOYD MILL POND...

HICKORY TAVERN...

GRAY COURT...

LAURENS...

ORA...

post-279-0-43082600-1321477119.png

Asheville-GSP television market really getting worse with each passing year...1 station (FOX Carolina) breaking coverage, I guess the policy of the others is to have a confirmed touchdown before breaking in...

I hope we don't have a major outbreak next spring...nobody would be properly informed.

What a mess of an afternoon. Sirens started going off in between 3rd and 4th periods. I'm convinced that every other kid on campus except for me thought it was just a drill considering it was a Wednesday. I literally had to tell some of my friends to go inside cause they were just screwing around it the parking lot. I accidentally forgot my phone at home this morning, so I had no radar image which really pissed me off. :thumbsdown: Anyways once we got inside we were in "duck and cover" position for about 30 minutes. Its so dang uncomfortable sitting on a cold hard floor for that long. Honestly it didn't look bad out the little window I was near, and in my head I was thinking " Is FFC really seeing rotation is thing?" :thumbsup: Most of the others were pretty unhappy (as they always are when we get a TOR Warning) that we didn't get anything exciting.

Back home now, and I just checked the gauge. 1.54" is the storm total so far. I also see their was some rotation in the cell near my school. Apologies for doubting you guys at FFC :hug:

A little trigger happy in posting that 125kt couplet dealiased out of GSP for the Laurens cell. Thinking that since we are close to the site, that may not be correct. Nevertheless, likely tornado on the ground about to pass just to the north of Laurens SC. Expect some damage reports unfortunately to come out of this one.

post-382-0-72186600-1321478643.png

Well, this was actually a very big let down. I ended up with 0.69" over the last24 hours but missed out on all the good weather today. Even the rain fizzled before it got here.

Wow, and just when I was bemoaning my own fate. I got .70 for the event :) Suns out, skys blue, and the front only brought me .2 for all it's sturm und drang. If I'd had to count on the front for rain, I would be crying. T

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

CLEVELAND COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF SHELBY...

* UNTIL 445 PM EST

* AT 411 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR BOILING

SPRINGS NC...OR 8 MILES WEST OF SHELBY...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45

MPH

Tornado Warning for Cleveland county

TORNADO WATCH 891 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EST FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: GEORGIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE BRYAN BULLOCH CANDLER CHATHAM EFFINGHAM EVANS JENKINS LIBERTY SCREVEN TATTNALL

NORTH CAROLINA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE ALAMANCE ANSON CABARRUS CATAWBA CHATHAM CLEVELAND CUMBERLAND DAVIDSON DAVIE DURHAM EDGECOMBE FORSYTH FRANKLIN GASTON GRANVILLE GUILFORD HALIFAX HARNETT HOKE IREDELL JOHNSTON LEE LINCOLN MECKLENBURG MONTGOMERY MOORE NASH ORANGE PERSON RANDOLPH RICHMOND ROBESON ROWAN SAMPSON SCOTLAND STANLY UNION VANCE WAKE WARREN WAYNE WILSON

SOUTH CAROLINA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE ALLENDALE BAMBERG BEAUFORT BERKELEY CALHOUN CHESTER CHESTERFIELD CLARENDON COLLETON DARLINGTON DILLON DORCHESTER FAIRFIELD FLORENCE HAMPTON JASPER KERSHAW LANCASTER LEE LEXINGTON MARION MARLBORO ORANGEBURG RICHLAND SUMTER WILLIAMSBURG YORK

ww0891_overview_wou.gif

The National Weather Service has issued Tornado Watch 891 in

effect until midnight EST tonight for the following areas

In North Carolina this watch includes 31 counties

In central North Carolina

Alamance Anson Chatham

Cumberland Davidson Durham

Edgecombe Forsyth Franklin

Granville Guilford Halifax

Harnett Hoke Johnston

Lee Montgomery Moore

Nash Orange person

Randolph Richmond Sampson

Scotland Stanly Vance

wake Warren Wayne

Wilson

Also includes the Charlotte area

A little trigger happy in posting that 125kt couplet dealiased out of GSP for the Laurens cell. Thinking that since we are close to the site, that may not be correct. Nevertheless, likely tornado on the ground about to pass just to the north of Laurens SC. Expect some damage reports unfortunately to come out of this one.

FWIW, GSP velocity shows 110+ knot winds on the Cleveland County Storm...its a good distance away from the radar site.

Archived