joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realize it was that much. I guess part of it is the hills, valleys and streams out here make the water seem more epic when it comes at that rate.

What did Boston get? That seems like the kind of rain that would flood the Green Line stations.

Logan got like 1.1", but I had probably 2.5" or more with most of that in 30 min. It was nuts.

A little out of flavor with the rest of this thread, but 24 years ago today here in the Berks was epic: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/aly/Past/1987_Oct/Oct_4_1987.htm Snowman.gif I wasn't living in the area at that point, but I remember my relatives telling me how they had over a foot of tree snapping, heavy wet snow from this one. Some of the damage was probably on par with the 12/08 ice storm that crippled GC since many of the leaves were still on the trees. I was 5 and living in coastal SW CT at the time and I remember about an inch or two of snow, even down there.

It's freaking bad news. The wood has become so damn soft, and to make matters worse, the f*cking chickens are pecking at the moist wood thinking it's something to snack on.

Wow. Layers or are they bound for the freezer? All the folks we know that raise chickens to be eaten have done the deed already. Feathers flyin'!

Time to make the nuggets.

LOL.

With a band that narrow..yeah..lol. Actually, 23Z HRRR did well too. SO much for 1.0" PWAT...doesn't matter when you have dynamics like this. PWAT can be overrated.

agreed... Good jet dynamics plus 2 bands on strong low level convergence and some slight elevated instability is enough.

LOL..there's no leaves left on the trees up there. Nothing green remains. It snowed in Alaska..it's coming to SNE soon.

It snowed in PA, NY,WV,etc, shortly after I made that post. We were unlucky to have missed it. I know it's tough for you to believe we'll see snow before to long as you live in the warm southland known as CT. You haven't even seen frost yet!!! Wow!! BTW, we're at peak color about now. Check foliage maps if you don't believe me.

Archived