amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just give me 50s/60s and sun with crisp nights in the 30s for a few weeks. Then a coating of snow on 10/25. One more nice week...then a historic cold snap on 11/4 and then 6" of snow on 11/6.

Lock it up.

Basically a 2 week torch coming. We'll probably have some days that moderate back down to semi-normal during that span, but after this coming cold shot, its definitely going to be warm.

Hopefully we see a flip near the end of the month.

Basically a 2 week torch coming. We'll probably have some days that moderate back down to semi-normal during that span, but after this coming cold shot, its definitely going to be warm.

I agree, Warm temps heading into Nov is not very assuring of whats to come

Dendrite's bug shall die...

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

LOW TO MID LVL CAA WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT WED NIGHT...SO COOL AIR

WILL CONTINUE TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION. WHILE THE SFC GRADIENT IS

SLOW TO SLACKEN...MID LVL GRADIENT BECOMES WEAK ENOUGH SUCH THAT

SOME DECOUPLING IS LIKELY ESPECIALLY OVER INTERIOR VALLEYS. GIVEN

THE COOL AIR WITH H92 TEMPS ONLY AROUND +3C...ANY INVERSION COULD

YIELD TEMPS SUB 32F AT THE SFC...ESPECIALLY IN NW VALLEYS.

GIVEN THIS...MUCH OF THE REGION WILL SEE TEMPS DIP INTO THE 30S

OVER THE INTERIOR /WARMER NEAR THE COAST/. THE AFOREMENTIONED NW

VALLEYS MAY SEE THEIR FIRST MAJOR KILLING FROST/FREEZE...SO A

FROST ADVISORY/FREEZE WARNING WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED.

The pattern looks miserable with a large GoA vortex/+EPO combined with a strong trough over the west (-PNA) and an ULL over Northern Greenland. The 12z ECM shows this continuing for quite a while so it could be problematic in terms of seeing frosts and snow threats in October. We have almost no foliage here in Rindge, just browned, yellowed maples dotting the campus mixed into a sea of verdant green. I'm accustomed to the leaves changing a lot more quickly in VT's Champlain Valley; I thought it might be earlier in the Monadnocks but this year seems incredibly late.

Dendrite's bug shall die...

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

LOW TO MID LVL CAA WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT WED NIGHT...SO COOL AIR

WILL CONTINUE TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION. WHILE THE SFC GRADIENT IS

SLOW TO SLACKEN...MID LVL GRADIENT BECOMES WEAK ENOUGH SUCH THAT

SOME DECOUPLING IS LIKELY ESPECIALLY OVER INTERIOR VALLEYS. GIVEN

THE COOL AIR WITH H92 TEMPS ONLY AROUND +3C...ANY INVERSION COULD

YIELD TEMPS SUB 32F AT THE SFC...ESPECIALLY IN NW VALLEYS.

GIVEN THIS...MUCH OF THE REGION WILL SEE TEMPS DIP INTO THE 30S

OVER THE INTERIOR /WARMER NEAR THE COAST/. THE AFOREMENTIONED NW

VALLEYS MAY SEE THEIR FIRST MAJOR KILLING FROST/FREEZE...SO A

FROST ADVISORY/FREEZE WARNING WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED.

First 20's of the season likely here. First frosts knocked out the bugs, this will finish off the last of the garden, not going to bother covering anything.

The pattern looks miserable with a large GoA vortex/+EPO combined with a strong trough over the west (-PNA) and an ULL over Northern Greenland. The 12z ECM shows this continuing for quite a while so it could be problematic in terms of seeing frosts and snow threats in October. We have almost no foliage here in Rindge, just browned yellowed maples dotting the campus mixed into a sea of verdant green. I'm accustomed to the leaves changing a lot more quickly in VT's Champlain Valley; I thought it might be earlier in the Monadnocks but this year seems incredibly late.

Late, muted, terrible...

Just get us a big wind storm to bring it all down and move on to winter. Your area is usually beautiful this time of year.

Too bad another one of these is not possible for a while...

First 20's of the season likely here. First frosts knocked out the bugs, this will finish off the last of the garden, not going to bother covering anything.

Despite our frost a few weeks ago, the bugs were still aparent until the last few days around here...still plenty of hornets out, and a few moths when it was warmer.

I would imagine this weekend's warmth will signal the annual ladybug invasion (not real ladybugs, some asian version...you know the drill)

The pattern looks miserable with a large GoA vortex/+EPO combined with a strong trough over the west (-PNA) and an ULL over Northern Greenland. The 12z ECM shows this continuing for quite a while so it could be problematic in terms of seeing frosts and snow threats in October. We have almost no foliage here in Rindge, just browned, yellowed maples dotting the campus mixed into a sea of verdant green. I'm accustomed to the leaves changing a lot more quickly in VT's Champlain Valley; I thought it might be earlier in the Monadnocks but this year seems incredibly late.

Might want to re-phrase that.lol Crappy cell phone pics from golf tonight. Trees stripped and dull peak color.

Nobody really says H92 temps anyways. I usually just say 925 temps. It's just as good as saying H85 or H5 temps, but you don't see too many people saying H92 temps.

I've done it before, but it feels kind of awkward...like only the zeroes should be allowed to be dropped. I guess back in the day it made sense to have all of those abbreviations and to cut as many characters as possible for transmitting the data/products, but it's a bit overkill today. I'm still stuck in the H25, H5, H7, H85 habit though.

I've done it before, but it feels kind of awkward...like only the zeroes should be allowed to be dropped. I guess back in the day it made sense to have all of those abbreviations and to cut as many characters as possible for transmitting the data/products, but it's a bit overkill today. I'm still stuck in the H25, H5, H7, H85 habit though.

Yeah I feel like those are the more classic examples of that type of abbreviation. Like I said...nothing wrong with saying H92, but I rarely ever see that.

Archived