amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I see what you're looking at Sam.....06z GFS.

:lol: well yeah I mean, it does show a storm. But I'm really just looking at the projected pattern. We've got a very anomalous ridge building over New England and shifting east toward Newfoundland. Generally a +NAO regime, and full latitude trough moving into the Ohio Valley. The only thing not in our favor is out west, we need stronger ridging / blocking.

There is a tropical wave that some model guidance has been latching onto, but that's besides my main point

:lol: well yeah I mean, it does show a storm. But I'm really just looking at the projected pattern. We've got a very anomalous ridge building over New England and shifting east toward Newfoundland. Generally a +NAO regime, and full latitude trough moving into the Ohio Valley. The only thing not in our favor is out west, we need stronger ridging / blocking.

There is a tropical wave that some model guidance has been latching onto, but that's besides my main point

DGEX from yesterday?

How does shear and such look in the Atlantic for the development of a storm?

mini torch today on downsloping west winds in favored locations, cool down is extremely brief, barely two days. Warm up looks insane, endless summer returns, the torch of our lives. Looks like a fantastic beach weekend especially Sunday Monday, some cornhole, horseshoes, a bbq, some cool watermelon.........good times good times!

Circle of Sizzle~

Time to let it rest for a few days and enjoy the cool weather, Joe. Overcast, breezy. 54*

None of the people on each side will let it rest. They're like terminators....they absolutely will not stop. Facts are brought forth, but who cares about facts.

Litchfield will switch sides as soon as the first snow threat exists

It's about time we have a gradient winter for my sake and ski mountains sake.. I'm just hoping the line sets up in mass and not in NH

Probably will be somewhere near SNE or NYC, but that doesn't mean and can't suck for many. We'll have to see how things look on the Pacific side in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm not saying I believe it will stink, but we don't want a Bering Sea vortex. Luckily, it seems like we'll have some NPAC ridging this year, which usually helps in preventing torches.

Anone who is looking for a good laugh should go here:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/26970-when-will-amwx-get-a-female-staff-member/

Basically the thread turned into a subject about my avatars, and it's been all down hill from there.

Why, oh why did I venture into the OT forum?

:facepalm:

I can only imagine the PC police are after you now. What humorless dolts live in OT full time. Can't wait to read it.

Euro ensembles really show no end to the above normal pattern after this cold shot coming up. At least the 12z ensemble mean. It looked like there might be a shot at a transient airmass that is slightly cooler than the surrounding pattern around mid-month, but certainly nothing I'd consider cold.

It looks like we will end up with a very warm October on the means unless we see a huge cooldown in the final 7-10 days of the month as we get closer to it. But as of now, there is nothing in the larger scale pattern that hints at that happening.

It is an intereting scenario and one that is relatively rare - particularly considering our last 10 years of climatology. I believe with the exception of that obscenely warm late autumn and early winter of 2006 (or was that 2007?) most of our Octobers have not verified too far from average .. a few of them even snowed at one point or another. Of course, nothing's verified yet this year, but all systems do look go on an extended period of warmth.

Note, we had an unseasonable cool snap in mid September that prompted frost advisories, then sumarily entered a 10--2week long spell of positive departures. One night in that span of time had lows at 70F with elevated DPs! It seems we are about to repeat that anomaly distribution from now through the next 2 weeks, again. Although, the respective patterns appear intrinsically different, it is interesting that we may repeat the same result.

The AO remains mightily positive and as one would expect given that regime we are finding decent cryosphere recovery rates at this time.

In the meantime, how about that multi-model and teleconnector suggestion for a home growns system -

You can really envision how there may be a southwest Atlantic basin tropical system yet this year. Currently the PNA is in a freefall and the NAO is at or above neutral, with very little impetus either way... Without that influence on the orienation of the westerlies the -PNAP pattern (-PNA driven) would be a better fit, and that is what we have in most operational guidance and to a great degree in the various ensemble packages.

Heights will be rising in the east as early as tomorrow but really will burgeon Friday onwards.. The lower troposphere comes into phase with a rapidly modified polar high settling along the eastern cordillera, then builds longitudinally seaward while a distinct node remains west. That girth of positive PP sets up a deep layer easterly flow through mid and lower troposphere from well east of the Bahamas clear across FL and in the C/N Gulf. That virtual shearless environment will have frontalysis axis already in position once all this sets up over the next 4 days. The 12z NAM's 84 hour synopsis (regardless of accuracy) exemplifies this type of ordeal and even hints at a system taking off as near as 84 hours. Who knows if it will be correct, but the UKMET/CMC and GFS's last 3 cycles show tropical genesis emerging for these governing parametrics. Fascinating.

For the OT thread..lol...

Yep. Notice how it's always the same handful of troublemakers that just have to be the center of attention? Bullying, trolling, flaming, name calling, etc. is all OK apparently to the same group that is all up in arms about an avatar or creepy private messages from random people on the internet (I can't believe such a thing would ever happen on the internet). I say dump OT and this place will run much smoother if for no other reason than the reduced load on the servers come winter time.

Archived