e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
I have an idea - let's start a new talking points thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about our time for some OES development Phil? I mean I know it is a long shot, but it would be quite cool to witness next week. Imagine the lapse rates and delta ts? Also the ocean induced CAPE if it did happen?

euro briefly sneaks some light precip onto the cape tomorrow PM...other than that...next week is so far out not really paying much attention to it yet. looks like W flow aloft though.

Why would anyone want to get their hopes up just b/c a few models on one suite did something good? That's like getting your hopes up that your sports team is turning it around b/c they won two in a row after a long losing streak.

Well sports betting is a LOT different from model runs. Trends are important in weather and hardly have any role in sports, especially when teams face different teams.

But I agree with you that this is really only one run. It's assuring to see the Euro trend east like the others. Whether this trend continues is the big question. But I think models generally tend to follow the trend than to revert. That said, this system has bounced back and forth it seems forever. Be interesting to see the next run.

Archived