Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
I have an idea - let's start a new talking points thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sports betting is a LOT different from model runs. Trends are important in weather and hardly have any role in sports, especially when teams face different teams.

But I agree with you that this is really only one run. It's assuring to see the Euro trend east like the others. Whether this trend continues is the big question. But I think models generally tend to follow the trend than to revert. That said, this system has bounced back and forth it seems forever. Be interesting to see the next run.

Well I wasn't referring to sports betting lol. Just giving an example that it's never good to just start getting emotional b/c of one little hiccup.

I think the word trend gets way overused, just b/c you have two or three sets of models doing something a bit differently than post runs does not mean that is a trend...if it starts to occur on about 2-3 sets of runs than I would consider it a trend. But I don't think you can consider what we saw happen today with earlier runs a trend.

Is a track over Des Moines good for OES....

I am talkng about for later in the week. Jeez. The secondary frontal wave develops as secondary vorticity rounds the base of the trough and comes up the coast. A frontal wave develops offshore, perhaps a track further west of the primary low can get the 500mb low to pull that offshore storm closer to SNE.

Hopefully this run isn't correct for NNE, because this is an absolute unmitigated disaster for the ski areas. Torching rains after all their powder this week. I was actually hoping to do a day trip up there sometime this month, but that sucks if this solution occurs.

Hopefully this run isn't correct for NNE, because this is an absolute unmitigated disaster for the ski areas. Torching rains after all their powder this week. I was actually hoping to do a day trip up there sometime this month, but that sucks if this solution occurs.

Was just going to post that. It is awful for them.

In all seriousness we should be tossing this run..It sounds almost impossible on what it's doing

Why? It just holds the primary longer and gets rid of the fantasy anafront low pressure in the end.

The track of the primary is definitely west of 00z but not enough to make you go nuts.

Well the primary track isn't terribly different from 00z. Certainly west but not by a ton.

The surface low might be close...but the evolution is pretty far different IMO...no other guidance closes off at 500mb over the midwest. The Euro gained more separation from the PV...but it decided to go negative and stack the southern shortwave anyway.

The surface low might be close...but the evolution is pretty far different IMO...no other guidance closes off at 500mb over the midwest. The Euro gained more separation from the PV...but it decided to go negative and stack the southern shortwave anyway.

Yeah it closes more than the 00z run did for sure and that explains the pull NW... but the overall outcome is pretty similar with the primary cutting way west with a negatively tilted trough.

I think the "oh my gosh, the solutions are all over the place so anything is in play" posts are cute; I really do.

I know....:lol: the EURO has been onto this general idea since Saturday......those cries were a viable contention at that point, but by now it's been rendered an exercise in denial for the most part.

Archived