Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New NWS model guidance link not working

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookmarked. Thanks! Nothing shameless about it when NWS isn't working... :thumbsup:

What exactly isn't working? I'm not having any issues today. I realize that it takes a bit to get used to, but I don't get why people are so upset over the new website (it's really not that bad).

TThe new "MAG" is here to stay, but they're willing to listen to suggested improvements (and certainly want to fix any "bugs/issues"). The NCO folks working on the webpage have been responsive in the past, so try sending a polite email with a description of issues/suggestions here:

[email protected]

How much of a delay is there at getting the data?

I know on twisterdata, the NAM beats the NCEP site, but the GFS is a lot slower than the NCEP site.

All the images are just links from NCEP, so it'll be exactly the same time as NCEP.

It works for me, though it is a bit buggy... it says to select model and region... and for the GFS it has several regions... but it won't let me select a region.

Select the region you want before selecting the model (the available model options change for the area selected). It's not how I would have done it, but it's certainly functioning as intended.

What exactly isn't working? I'm not having any issues today. I realize that it takes a bit to get used to, but I don't get why people are so upset over the new website (it's really not that bad).

TThe new "MAG" is here to stay, but they're willing to listen to suggested improvements (and certainly want to fix any "bugs/issues"). The NCO folks working on the webpage have been responsive in the past, so try sending a polite email with a description of issues/suggestions here:

[email protected]

The Model Guidance page doesn't even load for me. The NCEP Central Operations (http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov) loads just fine for me, but when I click on the Model Guidance link, it never loads for me.

Its hard to use on a phone now :(

This, and agreed on the design. Way too cluttered...prefer the old format by far...I feel like this is definitely a step back in terms of ease of access.

I'm not necessarily upset over the new website, I just don't really like it compared to the old one. I feel like it now takes a million steps to get the graphic you want to see.

What browser are you using? I would definitely send them an email stating the problem (as well as OS/Browser information).

I know I was having looping issues on my Droid...(it would start loading the images and then freeze...probably a phone issue) otherwise, I have used the new format for the last month....knowing my initial reaction of negativity was more due to having a learning curve to go through again rather than the design....and I was right....once one gets used to it, it is fine....is it better??? I'm sure some (after adaptation) will say yes and others no.

BTW, Happy Birthday! :drunk: Keep up the good work down there.

It's ugly, has too many clicks and the graphics look like **** when they run. The "fine" resolution now is just a blow up of the "low resolution." Great. So now the details that were small and fuzzy in low resolution are big and fuzzy.

The new entry map is uselss. Really. Explain to me how the map helps? Explain to me the layout of the new data? Seriously. Explain 1 positive to the new layout. Just 1.

That is all.

<end rant>

What browser are you using? I would definitely send them an email stating the problem (as well as OS/Browser information).

I will this evening on lack of functionality on mobile devices. More and more people are using smartphones. I work at Penn State in Teaching and Learning with Technology and we are finding the demand for mobile-friendly sites continues to grow.

Archived