• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

They had 150 out of state crews staged at the Fairgrounds when I left the EOC at noon. We prioritize from the EOC. Priority 1 are Hospitals, Prisons, 911 center, EOC and the Potomac water treatment plant. Priority 2 are feeder lock outs and then from there it moves into the neighborhoods. We have always noticed a quick response from BG&E and still to this day cant figure out why PEPCO is so delayed with response units already in county from the Southeast and Ohio.

Are schools considered a priority?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow the power stayed on here. Winds didn't seem too impressive in N. Bethesda. I've seen a couple of small branches down, but nothing like Isabel here.

Dammit, Dude, BB is only a few miles from you and he had this!!!

So much for not topping Isabel :P Hope my photos will come out ok once uploaded, Some of those gusts had to come between 65-75mph. 3 Large trees down within 3 blocks of my house(2 snapped off, 1 uprooted), and some minor structural damage (shutters, boards, shingles) are are a common sight.

I'm not bashing the individual workers as I'm sure many of them are working hard, but I'm sorry, as a company, BGE just sucks. This is the third extended power outage I've had IMBY this summer (one of which occurred when there wasn't even a storm). Combine this with the Peak Rewards fiasco last month, where my air was put on Peak Rewards cycling for 10 hours on the hottest day ever (even though I'm not a part of the program), and yeah, my opinion of the company is pretty low. But they have a monopoly on energy distribution so I'm stuck with them one way or the other.

I'm only able to post because I'm at work. No power at home. I'm getting the sense that it will be a few days until power is restored. I'm in Abingdon and we lost power ~ 9:30am on Sunday. I've been up all night because dog is afraid of the dark and all the generators in my neighborhood sound like lawn mowers. I went out for a walk a few times during the storm. Once at 1am and once at 3am and and the winds were quite strong gusting to at least 50- very surprised we didn't loose power until the morning. I could hear that signature howl of the wind.

It's torture being w/o internet.

I only lost power for an hour...which surely is due to the fact I bought a generator on Thursday.

Most of Odenton lost power till yesterday afternoon...you shouldn't have moved :lol:

True, I would have gotten my power back sooner, though according to BGE there are still people in Odenton without power.

Archived