EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

64/62, rain, just got power back. Some serious electrical activity along with torrential rains and wind. We've had a boat load of rain here the last few days. The stream and river are flowing nicely for the end of August. More thunder to the SW and it looks as if we'll get tagged again. Nice long duration storms.

64/62, rain, just got power back. Some serious electrical activity along with torrential rains and wind. We've had a boat load of rain here the last few days. The stream and river are flowing nicely for the end of August. More thunder to the SW and it looks as if we'll get tagged again. Nice long duration storms.

Wait until Sat.

Wait until Sat.

Frankly, I hope it's a big miss. The Cummington Fair is this coming weekend and we're supposed to go Sat/Sat night. My daughter will be crushed if it's a rain out. Maybe we'll go Friday night if it looks bad. We've probably had 7+" of rain here this month so we don't need more. Coll and rainy FTW.lol

Frankly, I hope it's a big miss. The Cummington Fair is this coming weekend and we're supposed to go Sat/Sat night. My daughter will be crushed if it's a rain out. Maybe we'll go Friday night if it looks bad. We've probably had 7+" of rain here this month so we don't need more. Coll and rainy FTW.lol

Wow, not as much up here to the N. but still wet. How rainy was this week? It was all sun down east Maine for vacation but when I got home tonight I could barely seem my vegetable garden due to weed overgrowth so I'm assuming it was damp.

Just got a chance to look at the x-band data from yesterday. There was significant rotation and a very clear hook indicative of a funnel/tornado. The beam is about a mile off the ground out there and I haven't yet looked at the dual pol so it's hard to say whether it touched down at the moment. It's a no-doubter though... June 1st aside it's the most clear cut supercell funnel I've seen in this area in the six years I've been operating.

Just got a chance to look at the x-band data from yesterday. There was significant rotation and a very clear hook indicative of a funnel/tornado. The beam is about a mile off the ground out there and I haven't yet looked at the dual pol so it's hard to say whether it touched down at the moment. It's a no-doubter though... June 1st aside it's the most clear cut supercell funnel I've seen in this area in the six years I've been operating.

Over what towns?

Archived