joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making a separate thread from the other "storm " thread. Hopefully one decent event to come before we leave summer; and maybe some widespread nocturnal storms, which we haven't seen much of this summer.

If we can get something like today at night, that would be awesome. The thunder and lightning started here at 12:30 with varying intensity but with crazy conintuity and longevitiy, it ended at 6:00.

62.1/60

Making a separate thread from the other "storm " thread. Hopefully one decent event to come before we leave summer; and maybe some widespread nocturnal storms, which we haven't seen much of this summer.

Yeah... we have had almost no nightime stuff, but I do remember one (July?) that surprised the heck out of me at like 5:30 in the morning...

I actually don'ty like the nocturnal storms... I get scared

that was the best day of my life!

Tell that to the people living on Penn. Ave in Spfld that saw their homes flattened that day. You are one sick .......

It was the best day of HIS life. Sure it was probably the worst day of other peoples lives but that doesn't mean it can be the best day of his life.

Never understood why people wish for tornados and hurricanes. My guess is once you lose loved ones or property the novelty wears off quickly.

Why do people with for snow storms and blizzards?

Yeah it was awesome. 2 people in W.Spfld killed and millions of dollars in property damage and large numbers of lives disrupted in Hampden County. Then again it's obvious that you, weatherwiz and i needsnow are not property owners and living off your parents and as such your assinine posts can be attributed to out and out ignorance.

Yeah it was awesome. 2 people in W.Spfld killed and millions of dollars in property damage and large numbers of lives disrupted in Hampden County. Then again it's obvious that you, weatherwiz and i needsnow are not property owners and living off your parents and as such your assinine posts can be attributed to out and out ignorance.

There's a difference between appreciating the intricate meteorology of a tornado and rooting for death/destruction. Someone who truly loves weather will appreciate destructive storms like tornadoes and hurricanes for the science behind them, for the rarity of such events in Southern New England, etc....it doesn't mean they are in favor of lives being lost. You are confusing two different ideas, once again obfuscating the truth and hiding behind a false sense of moral righteousness.

I'm with you Scoob, I think you nailed it. But wait !!! Just below a 20 something that lives at home with mom and dad sets you straight. If only you had the clarity of thought these kids display. You are obviously old and know nothing.

There's a difference between appreciating the intricate meteorology of a tornado and rooting for death/destruction. Someone who truly loves weather will appreciate destructive storms like tornadoes and hurricanes for the science behind them, for the rarity of such events in Southern New England, etc....it doesn't mean they are in favor of lives being lost. You are confusing two different ideas, once again obfuscating the truth and hiding behind a false sense of moral righteousness.

Please don't do this. Thanks. you know exactly what he meant.

If we can get something like today at night, that would be awesome. The thunder and lightning started here at 12:30 with varying intensity but with crazy conintuity and longevitiy, it ended at 6:00.

62.1/60

Your general area has done pretty well this year in the storm department. Yeah, that would be a sick light show.

Yeah... we have had almost no nightime stuff, but I do remember one (July?) that surprised the heck out of me at like 5:30 in the morning...

I actually don'ty like the nocturnal storms... I get scared

Do your kids comfort you and let you sneak in bed, pull blankets over eyes when the thunder and lightning gets close? :thumbsup:

I have to say I'm actually interested in tomorrow's threat. Not that often do you get to say that in August.

So we need the timing to speed up a few more hours (for one)...any chance of that? Seems like the 0z models have remained prettty steady with late pm threat west, night threat east.

I'm with you Scoob, I think you nailed it. But wait !!! Just below a 20 something that lives at home with mom and dad sets you straight. If only you had the clarity of thought these kids display. You are obviously old and know nothing.

Totally obnoxious post but then again you're one of the most obnoxious, redundant, and usually incorrect contributors to this forum so I don't take your thoughts too seriously.

I hope you're enjoying the cold summer. You probably saw a few flakes yet in those old eyes.

So we need the timing to speed up a few more hours (for one)...any chance of that? Seems like the 0z models have remained prettty steady with late pm threat west, night threat east.

Yeah I think the threat right now is west of the river unless things speed up. Timing looks good with a nice CAPE/shear combination by 21z at BDL but areas to the east may struggle. We'll see how things develop it's still early.

NAM is quite impressive... only issue appears to be weak mid level lapse rates.

I do like these late August/September events when SSTs are so warm the southerly flow particularly here in CT is blowing over 75F waters.

Yeah I think the threat right now is west of the river unless things speed up. Timing looks good with a nice CAPE/shear combination by 21z at BDL but areas to the east may struggle. We'll see how things develop it's still early.

NAM is quite impressive... only issue appears to be weak mid level lapse rates.

I do like these late August/September events when SSTs are so warm the southerly flow particularly here in CT is blowing over 75F waters.

Aug 21, 2004. (but 50-100 miles west) :thumbsup: That is what I'm thinking, but can't really find a good match overall.

Never understood why people wish for tornados and hurricanes. My guess is once you lose loved ones or property the novelty wears off quickly.

Pete, this is a weather board. People are obviously interested in the wx aspects of it. No one wishes to see harm come to people or property.

Please climb off your high horse. This is a well travelled path that you and Scoob have gone down.

I cannot believe you agreed on something.

Archived