joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking over the 0z NAM a little bit before I eave but certainly looks interesting. At least here in CT looks like shear strengthens during the afternoon and the hodo's improve as well with more of a curve look and they elongate a bit. WBZ heights do increase though between 18-21z at BDL but still just over 10K which isn't really bad at all.

Really have to watch the warm front tomorrow and where it sets up as this will help to locally increase helicity in the vicinity of the warm front.

LOL he made his point... time to move on.

Either way you're in an awfully bad mood this morning.

No, I'm actually in a good mood. I've even been supportive of Scoob, when has that happened before?lol I'm usually on my best behavior here on the board. I run a constructyion company and deal with coarse individuals all day. I have a lot of know it all 20 somethings that work for me and they have an aversion to listening to their elders. I'm a benevolent dictator until I'm angered then, if they're lucky, they get summarily dismissed. If they really anger me they get sh*t details until they quit. Zuckertubesocks has displayed this cocky early 20 attitude once to often for me. Last year when he was teaching you, Will, Scott etc. how weather works it was funny in its audacity. Now it's just annoying me. The final straw was him stating what I do and don't understand. He hasn't a clue and as far as I'm concerned the kid gloves are off. I'll call BS on him every chance I get. From extoling the virtues of organic gardening then, the second he is invaded by 'pests', looking for poisons to kill the offenders to being an expert on mountaineering because he spent a summer washing dishes in Montana. So much material to work with. If he were actually smart he'd eat a slice of humble pie. The hammer will drop.lol

Ran 15 miles this morning. My longest run yet. Had to start taking the gels at mile 10. last couple miles were tough but powered thru.

Heading up to Boston this afternoon for a wedding tonite

Hopefully some storms fire again today

Nice run, kevin. My wife's training for a half this fall--putting me to shame.

No, I'm actually in a good mood. I've even been supportive of Scoob, when has that happened before?lol I'm usually on my best behavior here on the board. I run a constructyion company and deal with coarse individuals all day. I have a lot of know it all 20 somethings that work for me and they have an aversion to listening to their elders. I'm a benevolent dictator until I'm angered then, if they're lucky, they get summarily dismissed. If they really anger me they get sh*t details until they quit. Zuckertubesocks has displayed this cocky early 20 attitude once to often for me. Last year when he was teaching you, Will, Scott etc. how weather works it was funny in its audacity. Now it's just annoying me. The final straw was him stating what I do and don't understand. He hasn't a clue and as far as I'm concerned the kid gloves are off. I'll call BS on him every chance I get. From extoling the virtues of organic gardening then, the second he is invaded by 'pests', looking for poisons to kill the offenders to being an expert on mountaineering because he spent a summer washing dishes in Montana. So much material to work with. If he were actually smart he'd eat a slice of humble pie. The hammer will drop.lol

lol totally understand all of the above. Socks has yet to teach me anything.

The whole discussion over people "rooting" for destructive weather is just old... that's what I was commenting about before. It happens a couple times a year for as long as I've been following wx online in forums or bulletin boards for like 15 years now.

Looking over a few other things quickly it also wouldn't surprise me if the best severe threat was just to the south and west of SNE. SPC SREF seems to have better potential for stronger instability along with better shear values and a bit more favorable timing.

Well that'll be a bit of a bummer if I have to watch things pass to my south again. Alas.

lol totally understand all of the above. Socks has yet to teach me anything.

The whole discussion over people "rooting" for destructive weather is just old... that's what I was commenting about before. It happens a couple times a year for as long as I've been following wx online in forums or bulletin boards for like 15 years now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Socks is a bright kid but instead of telling seasoned mets how it is he should ask questions and learn. I have been a weather hobbyist since I was a kid. I have a solid understanding of the mechanics of the weather. The main reason I participate here, other than tormenting Blizz, is to read the discussions of experts in the field. I don't offer much beyond obs because I'm not an expert in this arena. It would be like you chiming in on a construction BB. I will not stand for some snot nosed punk still wet behind the ears telling me what I do and don't understand. As for the "rooting for destructive weather" point, I think there is a difference between doing a post mortem on an extreme weather event or forecasting one and wishing for one to happen. It always strikes me as odd to tempt the fates by wishing for destruction to rain down from above. You might get what you wish for.

I think today might have some sneaky cells in ern mass, possibly aided by seabreeze front. Temps warm a but aloft so that will mitigate more widespread stuff.

A seabreeze can help? Interesting...

How is that different than a marine layer? Thanks in advance for the education. You are not a snot nosed punk

Archived