joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone should have a fun afternoon/evening.

Would like to see that strong llj reappear

I'm worried about the instability to be honest. But yeah a return of the stronger LLJ would be nice.

I think hodographs are going to look pretty impressive across the area. Timing looks good for NY/NJ/W CT

A seabreeze can help? Interesting...

How is that different than a marine layer? Thanks in advance for the education. You are not a snot nosed punk

Well basically the seabreeze can act as a mini coldfront..shoving the warm air up into the atmosphere as it moves inland. It's basically how Florida gets the daily aftn convection. So long as the seabreeze is not terribly strong or deep..it can act to generate tstms within 10 miles or so of the coastline. Since it's so shallow and doesn't penetrate too far inland, it can't act as the dreaded marine layer that we fear, and kill tstms. Of course seabreezes can move pretty far inland but it won't do that this go around.

The downfall today is that the parameters aren't as robust like yesterday, so if there is activity, it will be isolated I think.

Well basically the seabreeze can act as a mini coldfront..shoving the warm air up into the atmosphere as it moves inland. It's basically how Florida gets the daily aftn convection. So long as the seabreeze is not terribly strong or deep..it can act to generate tstms within 10 miles or so of the coastline. Since it's so shallow and doesn't penetrate too far inland, it can't act as the dreaded marine layer that we fear, and kill tstms. Of course seabreezes can move pretty far inland but it won't do that this go around.

The downfall today is that the parameters aren't as robust like yesterday, so if there is activity, it will be isolated I think.

Thanks, I understand (I think) :thumbsup:

Jen's cousin getting married for the 2nd time :arrowhead: Another 200 dollar check :axe:

How about when you spend 50 bucks in gas to travel to Utica NY for a wedding. Then God knows what for hotel lodging, 150 bucks for a gift, money at the bar, and then a 200 dollar speeding ticket on the way back.

Oh yeah, then they got divorced 3 months later. Uber epic fail.

Edit: insurance surcharge too.

Scott, what's your take on timing out this way for tomorrow. Trying to plan a tee time and my friend from AK has farm chores early. Hoping it holds off until late day.

I think you are ok through 4pm or so. It depends on the pre frontal trough, but I think you got the morning through mid aftn ok.

How about when you spend 50 bucks in gas to travel to Utica NY for a wedding. Then God knows what for hotel lodging, 150 bucks for a gift, money at the bar, and then a 200 dollar speeding ticket on the way back.

The "fail" began when you said "Utica". :)

70.7/65

How high above the surface does a seabreeze typically reach (around Marshfield, let's say)?

Does it push the existing air parcel upwards, compressing it somewhat?

A seabreeze can be as shallow as 1000ft or so, or extend several thousand feet up. Usually the weaker seabreezes are more shallow.

A parcel can only get pushed up as far as the atmosphere allows it, and this is determined by instability and whether or not an inversion in in place. If there is no inversion and the atmosphere is unstable...the parcel is free to rise. In days where we have a lot of ridging..the inversion might be like 5 or 6 thousand feet up, so the air will stop rising at this level. Today is a day where the atmosphere is somewhat unstable.

A seabreeze can be as shallow as 1000ft or so, or extend several thousand feet up. Usually the weaker seabreezes are more shallow.

A parcel can only get pushed up as far as the atmosphere allows it, and this is determined by instability and whether or not an inversion in in place. If there is no inversion and the atmosphere is unstable...the parcel is free to rise. In days where we have a lot of ridging..the inversion might be like 5 or 6 thousand feet up, so the air will stop rising at this level. Today is a day where the atmosphere is somewhat unstable.

Something to watch along the coast. Thats.

Off to steam clean the carpets

LOL..that sucks...weddings blow..esp ones I don't want to go to

LOL..we're staying over in Norfolk at her sisters, but have to leave at like 8:00 in the morning..My daughter has a b-day party tomorrow morning to go to..It's just one disaster after another

Oh ok..gotcha.

Yeah you have to be careful obviously. You should make Jen drive since it's her cousin.

Archived