• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

Pete, this is a weather board. People are obviously interested in the wx aspects of it. No one wishes to see harm come to people or property.

Please climb off your high horse. This is a well travelled path that you and Scoob have gone down.

I cannot believe you agreed on something.

Well what do they think the result will be if the tornados and landfalling hurricanes they lust for actually come to fruition. Scoob is alright, I think he's probably given up on being a d#ck about my obs since he checks them against other reporting stations and sees that in fact they are correct. It's just hard for people that live in uncomfortably hot places to believe there is such a heavenly cool place such as GC.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPC's D2 discussion is encouraging:

...ERN NY/PA...MD/DE/NJ INTO SRN ME...

SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL BE ONGOING ALONG THE COLD FRONT EARLY IN THE

DAY ACROSS WRN NY/PA. AS THE ATMOSPHERE DESTABILIZES ACROSS THE WARM

SECTOR...ACTIVITY ALONG THE FRONT SHOULD REJUVENATE AND BECOME

SEVERE BY AFTERNOON. FORECAST SOUNDINGS SHOW VERY FAVORABLE DEEP

LAYER SHEAR PROFILES FOR SEVERE...INCLUDING DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE

HAIL. WHILE FORCING WILL BE LINEAR ALONG THE FRONT...SHEAR PROFILE

ORIENTATION SUGGESTS THAT SUPERCELLS WILL BE LIKELY...PERHAPS SOME

SPLITTING GIVEN ONLY MODEST LOW LEVEL HODOGRAPH CURVATURE. MESOSCALE

DETAILS WILL DETERMINE TORNADO THREAT...WHICH MAY BE LOCALLY

ENHANCED ALONG THE RESIDUAL WARM FRONT WITH LOCALLY BACKED SURFACE

WINDS. HOWEVER...THE PRIMARY THREAT WILL BE HAIL AND WIND.

59.8/58.

59.8/58.

From OKX

PROBABILITY FOR A SIGNIFICANT SEVERE WEATHER EVENT INCREASING.

STRONG JET DROPPING OUT OF THE CANADIAN ROCKIES WILL APPROACH SUN

AFTN. 00Z NAM/GFS PROG A 110+ KT JET MAX. THIS WILL RESULT IN A

DEEPENING H5 TROF PASSING THRU THE CWA. UNSTABLE AIRMASS ACROSS

THE CNTRL CONUS WILL COMBINE WITH ATLANTIC MOISTURE TO PRIME THE

ATMOSPHERE AHEAD OF THE UPR SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT.

CAP BREAKS AROUND 15Z...SO THERE MAY BE A FEW ISOLD TSTMS ACROSS

WRN ZONES EARLY IN THE DAY. OTHERWISE...FRONT AND UPR FORCING

ARRIVE LATER IN THE AFTN AND EVE. THIS IS WHEN THE THREAT APPEARS

HIGHEST ACROSS THE MAJORITY OF THE CWA ATTM. SUPERCELLS

POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY IN THE AFTN AND EVE...WITH A FAVORABLE

SHEAR/CAPE BALANCE PER THE BRN. A SECONDARY FLARE UP OVERNIGHT AS

THE RR QUAD OF THE JET PROVIDES DIVERGENCE ALOFT. THIS MAY EVOLVE

INTO A STRONG SQUALL LINE.

ALL THREATS WITH REGARD TO SEVERE WEATHER APPEAR TO BE IN PLAY

WITH THIS EVENT. SEVERE WORDING HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE FCST AND

GRIDS SUN AFTN THRU ALL OF SUN NIGHT AND WILL BE MAINTAINED IN THE

HWO.

Totally obnoxious post but then again you're one of the most obnoxious, redundant, and usually incorrect contributors to this forum so I don't take your thoughts too seriously.

I hope you're enjoying the cold summer. You probably saw a few flakes yet in those old eyes.

Awww, poor baby!! Did the mean obnoxious poster ruffle you feathers? Have some milk and cookies and let mommy tuck you in a nice snuggly blanket for the Saturday morning cartoons.

Totally obnoxious post but then again you're one of the most obnoxious, redundant, and usually incorrect contributors to this forum so I don't take your thoughts too seriously.

I hope you're enjoying the cold summer. You probably saw a few flakes yet in those old eyes.

I think it oculd be funny hearing how the tenor of your posts change after you move up here. We in the Hilltowns are renowned for our airs of superiority over the flatlanders (specifically the CT valley) with regard to all things weather. They (rightfully it seems) think of us as 'snow snobs'. We're the ones who drive into town on their streets wet with rain while our cars are encased in snow.

Oh wait a minute---I'm sounding like a snow snob. :)

It'll be great having another poster in GC, Nate.

59.8/58.

Hundreds if not thousands of trees down, scores injured. 4-6 EF-2+ TORs ... baseball-sized hail en route. :thumbsup:

I think it oculd be funny hearing how the tenor of your posts change after you move up here. We in the Hilltowns are renowned for our airs of superiority over the flatlanders (specifically the CT valley) with regard to all things weather. They (rightfully it seems) think of us as 'snow snobs'. We're the ones who drive into town on their streets wet with rain while our cars are encased in snow.

Oh wait a minute---I'm sounding like a snow snob. :)

It'll be great having another poster in GC, Nate.

Yes, it'll be fun to have Nate 'teach' us about the weather here. I'm sure after a week or two he'll be able to tell us all about the plethera of micro-climates here in GC. Also, it will be good to get life coaching from him as well. For instance, I keep forgetting to breath, with some helpful instruction from him one day I hope to be able to just do it naturally. It will be good to have someone so wise in the ways of the world lead us out of the darkness of our own stupidity. I only hope I can survive long enough for him to get settled and begin imparting his vast knowledge of everything to us.

Yeah it was awesome. 2 people in W.Spfld killed and millions of dollars in property damage and large numbers of lives disrupted in Hampden County. Then again it's obvious that you, weatherwiz and i needsnow are not property owners and living off your parents and as such your assinine posts can be attributed to out and out ignorance.

keep assuming. I live away at school full time, pay for my own car ($200/mo), half the rent ($400/mo) , groceries (80/wk), utilities (140-160/mo between cable and elec.). Add that up, if you can. Work nearly full time while taking a full college course load. Oh, and I major in geoscience which is why I said the SCIENCE behind it was cool. You're freakin' thick man.

Hopefully that sets your bat**** ignorance straight.

Hey NW Connecticut Chris, did you scout Thunderbolt when you were at Greylock the other day?

yeah, well I saw it from the top. Does it go down toward the North Adams side, not the Pittsfield/Lanesboro side? It's something I'm kinda interested in doing if I can find the time come spring. Nothing like earning your turns on the East, lol.

Yeah it was awesome. 2 people in W.Spfld killed and millions of dollars in property damage and large numbers of lives disrupted in Hampden County. Then again it's obvious that you, weatherwiz and i needsnow are not property owners and living off your parents and as such your assinine posts can be attributed to out and out ignorance.

dude chill

yeah, well I saw it from the top. Does it go down toward the North Adams side, not the Pittsfield/Lanesboro side? It's something I'm kinda interested in doing if I can find the time come spring. Nothing like earning your turns on the East, lol.

Yup, drops toward N.Adams, starts off gently but then hits a series of nice steep pitches. I have some friends that have been pruning the trail(s) all summer. Should be a great season on the bolt.

keep assuming. I live away at school full time, pay for my own car ($200/mo), half the rent ($400/mo) , groceries (80/wk), utilities (140-160/mo between cable and elec.). Add that up, if you can. Work nearly full time while taking a full college course load. Oh, and I major in geoscience which is why I said the SCIENCE behind it was cool. You're freakin' thick man.

Hopefully that sets your bat**** ignorance straight.

No doubt congratulations are in order.

Yes, it'll be fun to have Nate 'teach' us about the weather here. I'm sure after a week or two he'll be able to tell us all about the plethera of micro-climates here in GC. Also, it will be good to get life coaching from him as well. For instance, I keep forgetting to breath, with some helpful instruction from him one day I hope to be able to just do it naturally. It will be good to have someone so wise in the ways of the world lead us out of the darkness of our own stupidity. I only hope I can survive long enough for him to get settled and begin imparting his vast knowledge of everything to us.

You need to get more sleep. Or take a vacation. You have become crabby lately

Chris,

chase tomorrow?

Possibly, I'm moving back into UConn in about 20 minutes so if I can get everything settled I'll be good to go out tomorrow aftn.

Steep, a breeze if you're in shape. Hiking down is actually harder on the knees better in the Winter with skis.

Sweet, I'm in pretty good shape, gotten even better after this summer. Are you going to the GTG this Sept? I think it was scheduled on my 21st, ha.

Possibly, I'm moving back into UConn in about 20 minutes so if I can get everything settled I'll be good to go out tomorrow aftn.

Sweet, I'm in pretty good shape, gotten even better after this summer. Are you going to the GTG this Sept? I think it was scheduled on my 21st, ha.

I'll only go if the Zuckertubesocks goes.

Archived