joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall GTG.....3PM Saturday @ Funky Murphy's

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I moved to a different part of the country I probably wouldn't post at all. I agree with you.

I usually try to defend this subforum in the OT threads when I see the usual generalized bashing, but in all honesty, its pretty useless. I'll post about how more posts in this subforum are from red taggers than any subforum, how we have at least a half dozen NWS posters in here (either BOX or GYX), etc, etc...but it doesn't really matter. Its a preconceived idea from most of them and also, look at who thinks the subforum is the worst...its generally posters who offer very little on wx side or stay only in tropical threads.

I usually try to defend this subforum in the OT threads when I see the usual generalized bashing, but in all honesty, its pretty useless. I'll post about how more posts in this subforum are from red taggers than any subforum, how we have at least a half dozen NWS posters in here (either BOX or GYX), etc, etc...but it doesn't really matter. Its a preconceived idea from most of them and also, look at who thinks the subforum is the worst...its generally posters who offer very little on wx side or stay only in tropical threads.

I wish Mike posted more...

There is also less nasty bashing in here (although it does happen). Most is friendly fire.

And we have Vim Toot!!!

It's actually more like the original Eastern in our sub forum . I hated the idea of sub forums but after reading the crap this week, now I treat SNE as the main board. Intimate, well versed, funny, laid back and extremely valuable to me professionally.

OT and AP in particular can make me question my tolerance of humanity. You did a great job in there. But it's a toxic environment that demands real-world exposure to re-set the mindset. A beautiful early fall day in GC is just the prescription.

Thanks. I was thinking nobody thought so.lol

I still think the NYC subforum gets more **** than the NE subforum.

Its a close race for region with the worst reputation.....

Well weenie-ism runs rampant in that thread. No offense, but it can be a little much in there. I like the people in there, but when you try to post something to sort of quiet down the hype...people think you are coming over to bring them down on purpose. The fact is...I also forecast for the NYC area hubs so I do care about it.

Its a close race for region with the worst reputation.....

I don't really think anyone cares about "reputation". Besides quite a few of the people who say bad things about the SNE forum are just trolling or trying to stir the pot, many of them have said at conferences SNE is a great forum and one of the best.

If our forum was so bad it wouldn't have the met input it does, there are countless mets who have stated they won't post in certain places due to the lack of knowledgeable content. You can believe what you want, whatever helps you sleep better but in the end statistics speak volumes.

It's actually more like the original Eastern in our sub forum . I hated the idea of sub forums but after reading the crap this week, now I treat SNE as the main board. Intimate, well versed, funny, laid back and extremely valuable to me professionally.

Pretty much agree. This board does a good job of balancing relevant weather discussion with a laid-back, fun attitude. Something you don't see in any of the other sub-forums

What irks me is there are a couple moderators at it -

This is true, but the SNE forum doesn't deserve to get more sh**... because they've stood the test of time with quality posts and posters.

The NYC forum is improved, and we have a good group of guys there, but it's hard to keep it that way man. I've struggled with balancing the leniency and light hearted posts and keeping the forum readable for a while now.

For whatever reason the NYC forum seems to attract younger posters who have very little knowledge and a ton of time to post on the forum, so I guess that doesn't help either.

This is true, but the SNE forum doesn't deserve to get more sh**... because they've stood the test of time with quality posts and posters.

The NYC forum is improved, and we have a good group of guys there, but it's hard to keep it that way man. I've struggled with balancing the leniency and light hearted posts and keeping the forum readable for a while now.

For whatever reason the NYC forum seems to attract younger posters who have very little knowledge and a ton of time to post on the forum, so I guess that doesn't help either.

This!

To be sure there are some good posters in the NYC forum, but also too much noise. I appreciate that you try to improve it.

Archived