mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice plunge in temps here in ENY. Even tropical KALB plunged from the low 80's to 67 during the afternoon in mid July. There were a few spritzes around, but the air wasn't cooled by rain.

Here we peaked at 78 and now 64.

You know if this were winter, we'd be watching that little wrap around the NAM is trying to shove through..lol. This vortmax reminds me of a wintertime vortmax. Very potent for this time of year.

72 degrees, sitting on the deck with my wife grilling some squash and zucchini, and later some bbq chicken, its absolutely perfect, cant even feel the air on our skin.

Best summer ever rolls on, a little something for everyone, next 5 days are san diego like with no humidity and sunny cobalt blue skies.

I love all of you.

Viva la southern new england.

72 degrees, sitting on the deck with my wife grilling some squash and zucchini, and later some bbq chicken, its absolutely perfect, cant even feel the air on our skin.

Best summer ever rolls on, a little something for everyone, next 5 days are san diego like with no humidity and sunny cobalt blue skies.

I love all of you.

Viva la southern new england.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk::thumbsup:

Just got home and looked at the Davis...1.81" That's crazy...That cell went right over my house around 5:30. My wife said there were some very close lightning strikes and the rain was so heavy that a skylight leaked that has never leaked before.

I think that 1.81" fell in about 30 minutes. That's some seriously heavy rain.

Just got home and looked at the Davis...1.81" That's crazy...That cell went right over my house around 5:30. My wife said there were some very close lightning strikes and the rain was so heavy that a skylight leaked that has never leaked before.

I think that 1.81" fell in about 30 minutes. That's some seriously heavy rain.

Wow!

Those type of events are pretty cool. We only got like 0.3" all day here

Nice plunge in temps here in ENY. Even tropical KALB plunged from the low 80's to 67 during the afternoon in mid July. There were a few spritzes around, but the air wasn't cooled by rain.

Here we peaked at 78 and now 64.

It's not that unusual to rain down to the DP guys -

There's people on here who actually like that weather. Not sure how that is possible but they do.

Tonight really has cooled a lot. Feels excellent out.

I love it - man, it gives you good feelings when the air gets like this. Endorphins or something, I dunno -

But yeah, I hope I don't come across as actually wanting 100F temperatures - no way no how. I like the meteorology behind big heat events, and that really isn't hypocritical because there is a science to that madness. Probably shouldn't have to explain that but it is what it is.

I love it - man, it gives you good feelings when the air gets like this. Endorphins or something, I dunno -

But yeah, I hope I don't come across as actually wanting 100F temperatures - no way no how. I like the meteorology behind big heat events, and that really isn't

hypocritical because there is a science to that madness. Probably shouldn't have to explain that but it is what it is.

Idk... I just like one good heat wave in the summer. I'm usually someone who likes it cool. I'd rather have the torches now then winter :lol:

What I meant is ...there was no measurable rain in ALB as that temp drop took place.... Earlier they had a .12" shower.

67/56 there at 18:51....Nothing that shocking, but chilly for a late afternoon in mid July.

We had torrential rains pass through back east here and only in the last hour managed 69...

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Was 1980 like this with the heat ridge primarily centered west..but some incursions of the extreme heat into the NE?

I ask because I heard 1980 bandied about in here. I do recall 1980 as being a hot summer in the HV, but I was 14 at the time and there may have been more pleasant interludes also.

There's people on here who actually like that weather. Not sure how that is possible but they do.

Tonight really has cooled a lot. Feels excellent out.

Archived