joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, overall temps have been above, but sOme Of that is due to warm overnight temps too. Some mugginess.

Most areas of SNE are below avg precip wise for July, but June was wetter than normal I think.

And no big scorchers here IMBY yet. Have not cracked 90

That might change next week

Yeah since June 1st, precip is:

BOS: +1.75

ORH: +2.40

BDL: +2.01

PVD: +2.38

ORH and BDL are below average precip so far in July, PVD and BOS are above normal.

Meh, regardless of elevation it's been a fairly tame summer. I think all 4 climo sites in SNE were at or below normal for June. July, as one might suspect has had some warm days but nothing noteworthy so far. We'll see what August brings. I'm sticking with a cool and wet summer. Precip has been above average and I'm not seeing any entrenched heat any time soon.

Yeah its definitely been wet... BTV and northern Vermont's wet pattern continues as well. 2.72" so far at long-term climo BTV half-way through the month, on pace for +2.00" on the month of July after 60-90 day record rainfall this spring/early summer. Temps running only +1 to +2 at climo sites up this way... not too bad. Plenty of cool days thrown in there.

Yeah since June 1st, precip is:

BOS: +1.75

ORH: +2.40

BDL: +2.01

PVD: +2.38

ORH and BDL are below average precip so far in July, PVD and BOS are above normal.

Boston is -.41 for the month of July, unless taunton nws local climo is incorrect?

Boston is -.41 for the month of July, unless taunton nws local climo is incorrect?

[size="3"]CLIMATE REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
531 PM EDT THU JUL 14 2011

...THE BOSTON MA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JULY 14 2011...
VALID TODAY AS OF 0500 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1971 TO 2000
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1872 TO 2011

WEATHER ITEM   OBSERVED TIME   RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
               VALUE   (LST)  VALUE   	VALUE  FROM      YEAR
                                                 NORMAL
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
 MAXIMUM 		70    133 PM 100    1995  82    -12   	79
 MINIMUM 		63    621 AM  55    1999  66 	-3   	67
 AVERAGE 		67                        74 	-7   	73

PRECIPITATION (IN)
 TODAY            0.72          2.05 1960   0.10   0.62 	0.11
 MONTH TO DATE    1.61                      1.40   0.21 	2.06
 SINCE JUN 1      6.37                      4.62   1.75 	5.24
 SINCE JAN 1 	24.88         			22.53   2.35    31.04[/size]

[size="3"]CLIMATE REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
531 PM EDT THU JUL 14 2011

...THE BOSTON MA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JULY 14 2011...
VALID TODAY AS OF 0500 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1971 TO 2000
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1872 TO 2011

WEATHER ITEM   OBSERVED TIME   RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
               VALUE   (LST)  VALUE       VALUE  FROM      YEAR
                                                 NORMAL
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
 MAXIMUM         70    133 PM 100    1995  82    -12       79
 MINIMUM         63    621 AM  55    1999  66     -3       67
 AVERAGE         67                        74     -7       73

PRECIPITATION (IN)
 TODAY            0.72          2.05 1960   0.10   0.62     0.11
 MONTH TO DATE    1.61                      1.40   0.21     2.06
 SINCE JUN 1      6.37                      4.62   1.75     5.24
 SINCE JAN 1     24.88                     22.53   2.35    31.04[/size]

all i am doing is going to local climo for logan, and thats what it says, i could care less, but thats what it says, dont know what to tell you?

all i am doing is going to local climo for logan, and thats what it says, i could care less, but thats what it says, dont know what to tell you?

You aren't looking at the updated data. BOS had 0.72" of rain today so they are above average for the month now. You are probably looking at yesterday's data.

You aren't looking at the updated data. BOS had 0.72" of rain today so they are above average for the month now. You are probably looking at yesterday's data.

I am just looking at what nws is giving me LOL, it was dated through the 13th. I am certainly not trying to make Sh%$ up.

I am just looking at what nws is giving me LOL, it was dated through the 13th. I am certainly not trying to make Sh%$ up.

Right, so it was yesterday's numbers. If you click on the daily (not monthly) climate report, it will give you numbers through July 14th which I posted.

ahhhhhhhhh rain from the strengthening vort max last night. Gotcha, sorry regular nws site does not update until tomorrow morning, at least what I have always looked at.

Congrats on the rain. Wish I could get some, still .58 since June 28th, drier than dry here, but as Phil always says I am hardly relevant when it comes to sne climo lol

ahhhhhhhhh rain from the strengthening vort max last night. Gotcha, sorry regular nws site does not update until tomorrow morning, at least what I have always looked at.

Congrats on the rain. Wish I could get some, still .58 since June 28th, drier than dry here, but as Phil always says I am hardly relevant when it comes to sne climo lol

You can get the daily CLI on the site. I think you were just clicking on the CF6 data which is monthly and updates the next morning.

http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=box

Make sure "Daily Climate Report" is selected and you'll see the numbers I posted for BOS.

Lots of eastern areas had 1 to 1.5" last night. Quite the dynamic system.

A lot of it has to do with late last week's event and that was feast or famine..... One max of a lot of rain just north of you. Then a second one from BGM to me into VT. 2.5" fell here. Maybe those stations missed that heaviest rain. A map might be more illustrative.

Well with the death ridge in the middle of country you have to figure one of these times it will get in here enough to give us a few super hot days - as is normal in the latter half of July. Most summers have them. Hopefully it is just transitory and then it gets squashed back to whence it came.

Probably should start a new thread ...

what is it about these 18z runs... This one is again death heat -

Lots of eastern areas had 1 to 1.5" last night. Quite the dynamic system.

We have one of those "instant up" 10 x 10 canopys in our yard. When I went out for something I gave it a glance and thought, "That looks strange". I thought the wind had bent part of it so I took a closer look.

One section had almost caved in from the water from last night... That was fun to dump out! :thumbsup:

Archived