Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro backing off the cool shot even moreso last night..Now only has 850's of 12-14C... AWT

80-85 valleys/coast

I don't think BOS or HYA will have highs in the 70's with downsloping flow

Not BDL which is what the discussion has been about all week

LOL. you are such a salesman. ADP should give you a raise.

Check out this metar from PVD yesterday. This is like the old school way of obs.

KPVD 132251Z 01008KT 10SM FEW009 BKN050CB BKN080 22/19 A2970

RMK AO2 SLP056 RAB07E24 CB NE-SE MOV SE FAST MOVING AND CHANGING

SCUD CLDS MERGING WITH BASE OF CB E-SE FROM 2155Z TO 2230Z SHRA

E-SE P0000 T02220189=

Check out this metar from PVD yesterday. This is like the old school way of obs.

KPVD 132251Z 01008KT 10SM FEW009 BKN050CB BKN080 22/19 A2970

RMK AO2 SLP056 RAB07E24 CB NE-SE MOV SE FAST MOVING AND CHANGING

SCUD CLDS MERGING WITH BASE OF CB E-SE FROM 2155Z TO 2230Z SHRA

E-SE P0000 T02220189=

that's how they all should be.

Every post I had since last week was 82-83. 70's for hills and coast..everyone else 80 or above

If you want your own territory......it's not good practice to lie.

"Euro backing off the cool shot even moreso last night..Now only has 850's of 12-14C... AWT

80-85 valleys/coast"

So Jealous! BDR got 0.02 that makes .54 for the month and going all the way back to June 28th, really dry here, I did not get a drop of rain yesterday. How is the lawn looking?

Meh, I got a deeper issue (pun intended) that needs to be taken care of with the soil. The lawn is clearly lacking in nutrients. I'm probably going to take some soil samples and have them tested.

As some of the folks here eagerly pine for a massive heatwave and others revile the notion, a couple of important things to note:

The days are now less than 15 hours long (14.59 vs. 15:16 at the solstice).

As of today the amount of daylight is lessining by 1:23. By two weeks from now, that rate will exceed 2:00/day.

The sun's maximum elevation is 69.2* vs. a solstice high 71.2 and are losing nearly .2* of sun angle per day.

Point being, love the torch or hate the torch. But know this, "Summer, your days are numbered".

Well we have yet to hit our climatological peak, about seven to ten days to go, so I'm not sure we can say summer's days are numbered just yet despite the shortening days.

Meh, I got a deeper issue (pun intended) that needs to be taken care of with the soil. The lawn is clearly lacking in nutrients. I'm probably going to take some soil samples and have them tested.

In september put that quarter inch of finished compost spread across the lawn, you wont believe how much that will help, from looking at your pics it looked as though you had some compaction issues, perhaps a lot of clay?? Compost=Gold

Archived