amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NNE rollin' through summer

Allenson

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dad has carotid artery surgery tomorrow.

best wishes and sending my prayers for a speedy recovery and a successful surgery :thumbsup:

i am so bummed you won't be there....haven't really gotten a chance to catch up, since I left LSC...in 1998! it's been such a long time!

good luck. My grandparents each had double by pass open heart surgeries and lived 10 years longer! Unfortunately they both passed within this past year. Its kinda funny, its almost like they died so close together so that they can be with each other whatsever after death.

Well, topped out at 85F here at the house yesterday and sitting at a not too bad 65F this morning. Would love to see some of that rainfall action in SE Canada making its way here... Still have never seen 90F here but today might be the day.

Good luck, man.

Local forecaster Rroger Hill mentioned that BTV and MPV had possible record high minimums this morning. 76° at BTV and 75° at MPV.

Thanks for passing that along, I missed Roger’s broadcast this morning. I’m very surprised to hear that MPV had such an elevated temperature, because we’re often similar in overnight lows. We got down to 66 F at the house last night though, so clearly we were in a different environment than MPV – perhaps we were sheltered from the south wind and they were in a similar situation to BTV? I was actually curious how things would go last night for temperatures, since our BTV point forecast had the low at 69 F, but we certainly got well under that. The air was cool, but definitely moist as well. Our point forecast temperature for tonight is similar to last night’s, so we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Local forecaster Rroger Hill mentioned that BTV and MPV had possible record high minimums this morning. 76° at BTV and 75° at MPV.

I saw that MPV was still in the 70s this morning while over here, we got down into the low 60s. Thought that was a little strange...

Anyway, warm & sticky out there today but so far, the persistent cloud cover has kept things manageable. Mid-80s here on the CT valley floor right now. A lot better than the 95F that Gray is showing for Hanover on the point & clicker....

I shudder to think if the clouds go away.....

Thanks for passing that along, I missed Roger’s broadcast this morning. I’m very surprised to hear that MPV had such an elevated temperature, because we’re often similar in overnight lows. We got down to 66 F at the house last night though, so clearly we were in a different environment than MPV – perhaps we were sheltered from the south wind and they were in a similar situation to BTV? I was actually curious how things would go last night for temperatures, since our BTV point forecast had the low at 69 F, but we certainly got well under that. The air was cool, but definitely moist as well. Our point forecast temperature for tonight is similar to last night’s, so we’ll have to see how it plays out.

I was too. The house was 71 this morning and it felt cooler outside (thermo on the blink). Cloud cover currently keeping things reasonable - 82°/68°. Much more comfortable than I expected when I went out for lunch.

I was too. The house was 71 this morning and it felt cooler outside (thermo on the blink). Cloud cover currently keeping things reasonable - 82°/68°. Much more comfortable than I expected when I went out for lunch.

Spoke too soon it's now 90°/71°. Not looking forward to the initial heat blast from the car.

My station peaked at 95.1 which beats my previous record of 94.6 back in 2007.

Really curious how much warmer it would have been had the sun actually came out for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. There was a thick cirrus cloud hovering pretty much stationary overhead for what felt like eternity around 3pm. Pool somehow didn't gain a single degree today. :(

The 30+mph wind was unexpected and it tangled my amaranthus plants all to hell, but it kept it feeling remarkably comfortable outside.

Hopefully this wind gives us a Key-West-in-April style night and keeps the temps above 80 until midnight or later. :sizzle:

Yeah I saw 65F last night... couldn't believe BTV was in the mid/upper 70s for overnight lows. You know that downtown BTV was hotter than the field out at the airport too. Last summer I remember a few nights at my girlfriend's where her basic thermometer on the side of the house wouldn't drop below 80F. You'd wake up at like 2am to go to the bathroom and it'd be like 84F outside.

we're gettin drilled right now. winds shifted out of the North before dinner, massive **** cloud just poured over us from the townships, dumping rain and lightning. 80F to now 70F in 20 minutes.

feeling a bit numb for watering the toms tonight

I wish we could get some rain down here to cool things off a bit, haha. Impressive 97F official high at BTV today. Also impressive 81F dewpoint at Potsdam Airport in N.NY as stated in the AFD:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM FRIDAY MORNING/...

-- Changed Discussion --AS OF 901 PM EDT THURSDAY...HAVE UPDATED THE FORECAST FOR

ORGANIZING MCS ACROSS SRN QUEBEC ESEWD INTO ORLEANS/ESSEX

COUNTIES IN NERN VT. CONVECTION APPEARS TO HAVE DEVELOPED ALONG

REMNANT OUTFLOW/DIFFERENTIAL HEATING BOUNDARY...WITH CELLS

BECOMING ALIGNED WITH DEEP LAYER WLY SHEAR WITH POTENTIAL

"TRAINING" CELLS. THERMODYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT REMAINS MODERATELY

UNSTABLE...AND ORIENTATION OF STORMS AND POTENTIAL BACKBUILDING

OF CELLS SUGGESTS LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE ACROSS

ESPECIALLY NRN ORLEANS AND ESSEX COUNTIES. CLOUD TO GROUND

LIGHTNING AND BRIEF GUSTY WINDS ARE ALSO A POTENTIAL THREAT. HAVE

UPDATED THE FORECAST TO INCLUDE LIKELY POPS IN NERN VT...AND WILL

MONITOR CONVECTIVE EVOLUTION. ELSEWHERE...ONLY ISOLD TSTM CHANCES

AT BEST...AND CONTINUATION OF HAZY AND HUMID CONDITIONS OVERNIGHT.

THE HIGHEST DEWPOINTS REMAIN IN ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY...WITH

DEWPOINTS OF 78-79F AND EVEN AN 81F DEWPOINT AT POTSDAM AIRPORT

/KPTD/. JUST AN AMAZING DAY WITH HEAT INDEX VALUES PEAKING BETWEEN

105-110F IN SOME SPOTS INCLUDING BTV/PBG/MSS. A RECORD DAILY HIGH

TEMPERATURE OF 97F WAS SET AT BTV AT 342PM EDT...BEATING THE OLD

RECORD OF 94F SET BACK IN 1994. COMBINED WITH THE RARELY SEEN

DEWPOINTS...IT WAS IMPRESSIVELY HOT AND HUMID ACROSS THE NORTH

COUNTRY. NO CHANGE IN AIR MASS OVERNIGHT. DEWPOINTS REMAIN IN THE

70S OVERNIGHT WITH LOW TEMPS IN THE 70S...EXCEPT A FEW MID- UPR

60S FOR THE NRN ADIRONDACKS AND FAR NERN VT. LOOKING FOR SOME

PATCHY RADIATIONAL FOG IN THE FAVORED VALLEYS 07-11Z.-- End Changed Discussion --

My station peaked at 95.1 which beats my previous record of 94.6 back in 2007.

Really curious how much warmer it would have been had the sun actually came out for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. There was a thick cirrus cloud hovering pretty much stationary overhead for what felt like eternity around 3pm. Pool somehow didn't gain a single degree today. :(

The 30+mph wind was unexpected and it tangled my amaranthus plants all to hell, but it kept it feeling remarkably comfortable outside.

Hopefully this wind gives us a Key-West-in-April style night and keeps the temps above 80 until midnight or later. :sizzle:

Really? That's interesting mine started the day off at 80 and gained 4.5 degrees to the highest its been this summer at 84.5. You have much shade around it or just due to the overhead cirrus?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Though as nice as it is to be reminded of Key West it doesn't hold a flame toward actually being there.

Archived