joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE rollin' through summer

Allenson

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peaked at 93F...this is just pure insanity. Wow was today impressive. 75F at the summit of Mansfield is pretty much unheard of.

BTV made it to at least 96F based on the hourly observations.

I'm going add this observation...its amazing what you are adjusted to. I was out and about yesterday and kept thinking "boy it's a nice hot summer day." It honestly felt like any of 30 days I've had in Philly over the last 2 summers. Meanwhile all the people I met up here were hollering about the oppressive heat. Of course this will all be reversed in the winter. It will -10 and people here will be in jeans and member's only jackets, while my philly friends wouldn't have left the house for a week.

Amazing how the same thing- the human body- can adjust to environment.

I'm going add this observation...its amazing what you are adjusted to. I was out and about yesterday and kept thinking "boy it's a nice hot summer day." It honestly felt like any of 30 days I've had in Philly over the last 2 summers. Meanwhile all the people I met up here were hollering about the oppressive heat. Of course this will all be reversed in the winter. It will -10 and people here will be in jeans and member's only jackets, while my philly friends wouldn't have left the house for a week.

Just wait until that -10F is your daytime high and 45mph NW winds are screaming unabated across the frozen, snow-covered lake into the Burlington area. You'll feel like you just moved to the arctic circle. The high winds off the Lake in Burlington in the winter is what makes it a special place, lol, especially with -35C H85 rotating overhead.

Good one last night. Had lightning until 2 AM with obsurd downpours. Woke up to 66F and ultra humid. Amazed to see 1 1/2" of rain from last night in the gauge and the feeder brooks now back to having running water. summer rolls on.

adk - the same people cryin about the heat also cry about -10. welcome to New England

By next year you'll be acclimated. In the meantime, I have to say "lucky you" if you think this is tolerable. Heavy heavy obscenities in SW Maine. CanNOT wait until Sunday when this s**t goes away.

Just wait until that -10F is your daytime high and 45mph NW winds are screaming unabated across the frozen, snow-covered lake into the Burlington area. You'll feel like you just moved to the arctic circle. The high winds off the Lake in Burlington in the winter is what makes it a special place, lol, especially with -35C H85 rotating overhead.

I look forward to it. At least then I will not have to ice my ankle. I can just stick it in the snow.

A balmy 81 in SBTV right now. Light winds just starting to stir.

Really? That's interesting mine started the day off at 80 and gained 4.5 degrees to the highest its been this summer at 84.5. You have much shade around it or just due to the overhead cirrus?

It seemed the clouds didn't go away until after 4pm and by then the pool does tend to get shade. The lowering sun angle is starting to take a toll, since we've got really tall trees to the south.

Water is 80-81, and today looks quite promising since it's nice and clear. Hopefully it gets up to 84 so I can actually take a dip.

PWM recording an 81/75 at the 5AM reading. Hell on Earth, basically. Should break today's daily record high of 94F handily.

Their morning low is apparently 79, at least that was the lowest for the 6 hr 2-8 AM. Their 24-hr low was 75, but that may be the temp at 8:01 AM yest. To date, PWM's tallest minimum is 76 in 8/1932, 75 in 7/1937, and several 74s, most recently in 8/2006. (IIRC, their morning low was 77 that last day, but it had slid down to 74 by 11:59 PM.) They reached 97 yest, but the 7/21 record is 99. PWM's highest daily mean temp is 88 (103/73) set on 8/2/1975; should today's morning low actually be 79 and survive the evening, there's a realistic chance that Hot Saturday could be challenged.

Only got to 85 IMBY yest, tying with 2-3 other days for summer's warmest. Lack of sun was the culprit. Same for BGR, where the sun hadn't appeared at all by the time we headed home from our meeting about 3:20 PM with the car thermometer reading 87. 20 miles down I-95 it had climbed to 90, and it continued to rise as we traveled westward (under a strong though hazy sun) on Rt 2, topping out at 94 in Norridgewock. It was back under 90 when we got to cloudy New Sharon. I also had a surprise 0.10" from a weak TS at 10:30 last evening. I don't think it ever got down below 70 this morning IMBY, and seing all the mid-70s dews makes me really appreciate the AC in the office.

Water is 80-81, and today looks quite promising since it's nice and clear. Hopefully it gets up to 84 so I can actually take a dip.

I noticed that anything under 80 is just a bit too much of a shock to the body for me. The kids love it if it even has water in it regardless of temp. Meanwhile its really starting to get a lot more comfortable out there today. Dews dropping sun.gif can't take much more of that tropical air. As for the tropical garden that is amazing. One day I would love to have something even half as impressive around my pool.

Temp up to 97 dew down to 62

Yesterday's noon reading was 9° off the daily high, so I guess there is a chance. Not the kind of record I want to break, really. My walk in a few minutes to the post office should be ... interesting.

No we like beating all time record daily snowfall and yearly snowfall totals. Those are much more interesting and worthwhile. Whats 5-10 degrees when its already 95-ish.

I heard the Time & Temp building in Portland was up to 101. I'm in Kbunk at the moment where it's a balmy 99. :arrowhead: If I wanted this kind of weather, I'd move back to DC.

Yesterday, my car thermometer read 101 in downtown Kbunk, and by the time I got down to the beach (5 miles east), it was down to 78. There was such a nice breeze coming off the ocean.

I heard the Time & Temp building in Portland was up to 101. I'm in Kbunk at the moment where it's a balmy 99. :arrowhead: If I wanted this kind of weather, I'd move back to DC.

Yesterday, my car thermometer read 101 in downtown Kbunk, and by the time I got down to the beach (5 miles east), it was down to 78. There was such a nice breeze coming off the ocean.

Time and Temp was up to 98F during my noon stroll, so yeah, 101 is within reason. PWM officially had 99F at some point, which ties the July record.

Checking my inland sources, looks like 99F at the sprawling bachelor pad I call home. I'll turn on my oven when I get home so I can cool off. At least the dews are dropping.

94.5F here so far.

LCI 99F!

I can't remember any other day that started off so humid and turned bone dry, though the dewpoint seems to be coming back into the mid 60's now after dipping as low as 54.

Looks like 98.2 will be my high... not bad considering the wind is blowing down the length of Paugus Bay (76*) before arriving here.

No we like beating all time record daily snowfall and yearly snowfall totals. Those are much more interesting and worthwhile. Whats 5-10 degrees when its already 95-ish.

If one is sitting in an AC office as I am now, not a thing.

If one is (stupidly) out picking blueberries as I was doing the day PWM touched 103, that extra molecular motion means a lot. Our berry site was nowhere near Portland, actually only about 10 miles inland from BHB, but that was no help as they also set their all time high, with 101 right at water's edge.

If one is sitting in an AC office as I am now, not a thing.

If one is (stupidly) out picking blueberries as I was doing the day PWM touched 103, that extra molecular motion means a lot. Our berry site was nowhere near Portland, actually only about 10 miles inland from BHB, but that was no help as they also set their all time high, with 101 right at water's edge.

I was out in the yard this morning(also stupidly) picking blueberries too(had day off work thankfully) before the TD's lowered some and it was damn hot. Think something to the tune of 95/72 or so. So i can definitely understand the point your trying to make.

Wow, what a difference a day makes! It was hot today no doubt, but dew points were a full 20F lower!

Yesterday's dews were in the 70s, today's in the low to mid 50s.

At 5pm, the Morrisville-Stowe (MVL) ASOS was reading 91/50 for a RH of 25%!! I actually am enjoying today with a stiff breeze and very dry air. Visibility is crystal clear, too. No haze at all.

Hope the worst of this heat humidity is behind us for this summer i can deal with 90's for a few days but this weather wears thin with me. I'm ready for some more of the mid to low 80's type weather and it looks to be on the way for at least the beginning of next week. Actually my zone forecast is calling for low 50's on Sunday night which would be a welcome treat.

Had a high of 99 today currently 90. Pool temp is at an unbelievable 89 degrees. May as well add another ten spot on and call it a hot tub....

I was just comparing temps here to down in Key West and lol'd when wunderground was showing "Heavy Funnel Cloud" for the current wx.

SPECI KNQX 222335Z 12007KT 10SM +FC CLR 31/23 A3003 RMK WATERSPOUT B33 N AO2 $

Quite a contrast to the nws site ob of "fair" wouldn't consider a heavy funnel cloud fair.

Archived