Newest Member
    CHSVol
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast for Wednesday?

The synoptic set-up is a bit similar but I think the low pressure tracks too far north for this much shear. In June 1953 we had a 990s low over Southern Quebec, this time it's in Northern Quebec towards Hudson Bay, which means pressure falls shouldn't be as intense and we'll be lacking the kinematics featured in that event, even if the airmass is overall a bit more unstable with a bigger heat wave preceding the outbreak.

The synoptic set-up is a bit similar but I think the low pressure tracks too far north for this much shear. In June 1953 we had a 990s low over Southern Quebec, this time it's in Northern Quebec towards Hudson Bay, which means pressure falls shouldn't be as intense and we'll be lacking the kinematics featured in that event, even if the airmass is overall a bit more unstable with a bigger heat wave preceding the outbreak.

It was tongue in cheek. There's a lot of things wrong with this current setup. We already losing our EML as we get closer...though the GFS doesn't look bad tonight. The NAM had been getting progressively worse.

The '53 event occurred just south of the warm front too so there was likely a sh**ton of low level helicity.

Major differences between the NAM and the GFS, especially with regards to the EML. Some things to keep in mind though the NAM outside of 48 HR's is not very stable...we all know this, especially in the winter but it holds true in the summer as well. In the few days the NAM has been in range we have seen plenty of shifts within the model while the GFS has stayed more consistent...we'll see though. Still plenty of issues to work out.

The NAM though is further south with the system in Quebec which does give us much more shear.

The Day 3 outlook will be interesting.

I think the bigger concern for Wednesday should turn to can the airmass recover quickly enough and how steep will the lapse rates actually be? IT looks like the EML is going to fade some and lapse rates may not really be all that steep...still steep but nothing overly impressive...just over 6 C/KM...this could be huge b/c if we do get morning crap and pop up showers latent heat release is gonig to destroy these lapse rates.

I have? Other than the rainy week 2 weeks ago..how have I'?

It's gotten hot and humid

Well you were bashing some of our cool spells that we received. Luckily the torch is done Wednesday and we have a nice end to the week. Saturday and Sunday could be mild in the interior, but the heat appears to be cut off to the sw.

Well you were bashing some of our cool spells that we received. Luckily the torch is done Wednesday and we have a nice end to the week. Saturday and Sunday could be mild in the interior, but the heat appears to be cut off to the sw.

It looks like 80-85 from Thursday thru Sunday. Not a heatwave..but certainly above normal

It looks like 80-85 from Thursday thru Sunday. Not a heatwave..but certainly above normal

That might be pushing it, especially Thursday and Friday. I wouldn't be shocked at 81 or 82 Thursday at BDL. Weekend could be warm, but Thursday and Friday nights should be cool.

Archived