Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like a surprise convective event tonight and tomorrow too

Yeah those ones are fun b/c you really aren't expecting it. I would really like to see a nice light show tonight...even if something doesn't get us directly as long as it passes close enough to where we see see lightning.

Tomorrow could certainly be fun but going to be very, very isolated.

I'm going to be pissed if this doesn't pan out...something has to pan out one of these days.

Its never good to get excited about an event on the models until its like less than 24h out.

I could see this trending worse as Ryan said...if that whole system is further north. Hopefully it trends the other way because if it does, it could be a really really good setup, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

Its never good to get excited about an event on the models until its like less than 24h out.

I could see this trending worse as Ryan said...if that whole system is further north. Hopefully it trends the other way because if it does, it could be a really really good setup, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

Hopefully tonight's 0z runs have it a bit further south...if any runs start hinting at a further north track that would be horrible.

Anytime 500mb heights rise through the day I'm never too gung ho on convection lol

Yeah, mentioned this in my discussion on the blog i posted a few minutes ago. Obviously it's a bit different down here--but the same general idea.

Mid level ridge builds throughout the morning hours and 500mb heights are very near 594dm by 18z. H85 temperatures are in the upper teens...near 17-19 C. Lots of humidity and temperatures in the low to potentially mid 90s over the urban corridor. Upper 80's are likely even to the area beaches. We are more bullish on the heat Monday than usual--with 10m winds turning west-southwest by 12z. This is a very good wind direction for hot temperatures in our area, especially with such an anomalous ridge in place. One slight concern is the decaying MCS--but most model guidance has the cloud debris weakening significantly by 12z or shortly thereafter. GFS MOS was warmer than 12z NAM mos--with a high near 95 at EWR. NAM seems to be playing a bit of catch up--newest 18z run is now 92 or slightly higher in the urban corridor--up a few degrees from the 12z run.

Convection, once again, only a slight concern with mid level heights again rising and strong capping in place. That being said---chance of isolated storms does exist especially along any convergence that does develop--to which the potential seems very limited given the westerly flow keeping any stronger penetrating sea-breeze boundaries at bay. That being said..any cap breakers that do develop could very quickly go severe given degree of thermodynamic support in place.

Hopefully tonight's 0z runs have it a bit further south...if any runs start hinting at a further north track that would be horrible.

Not to burst the negative bubble too much but... the 18z vortmax was southeast of the 12z one on the nam..

GFS was slightly south also at 18z compared to 12z..

NAM is SE of GFS when compared...

At least that hasn't happened last 24 hours.

Not to burst the negative bubble too much but... the 18z vortmax was southeast of the 12z one on the nam..

GFS was slightly south also at 18z compared to 12z..

NAM is SE of GFS when compared...

Makes sense b/c the 18z runs were a bit stronger with the shear here and further south with the strongest shear.

Yeah I just went out there and watered a bit...these above average temperatures are sucking the water out, although overall it's a big plus for the garden. I've never seen fruit on the tomatoes and blooms on the eggplant and peppers this early in the season. 3 days in the 90s is going to really ramp things up, wouldn't be surprised if I'm harvesting cherry tomatoes by mid June at this rate.

78.2/70 off a high of 81.1F....

OT but, I just planted a bunch of summer veggies, and how often should you water cukes, strawberries and tomatoes in heat like this?

TIA

Archived