e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June

LithiaWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty amazing to see this remnant of the MCS make it all the way to NC, its going to atleast make it to Interstate 40 corridor. There's atleast one severe warning with it. Kudos to the GSP forecaster this morning mentioning it, almost every forecast outlet I saw dismissed any chance really. I think its on a dwindling phase now though ...sort of surprised to see it not affect east TN more though...guess the building ridge and combination of crossing the mtns from the east/ne helped to diminish it.

definite weakening trend now overall. The lightning maps show western Rutherford as a hot area and again around Iredell/eastern Catawba/77 region. Still was a very long haul for one line (technically this was a new gustfront line though)...begin in Canada this morning.

i can't see any lightning anywhere....just a clear sky and crescent moon. That line sure faded out quickly.

Haven't seen any for a while, but about 15-25 minutes ago it was really impressive

Edit: Had a video camera going and will try and single out the lightning shots tomorrow, it was some of the most beautiful lightning though, shame there wasn't just a tad more daylight, or a rain shower to accompany it.

I saw, perhaps two bolts out of an approaching cumulonimbus that was to my west but other than that, the cloud deck disappeared rather quickly, like the line. I thought we could at least eek out a shower but even that had a remotely low chance of occurring. I'm impressed by the longevity of the system. Just bad timing on its part when it pushed through NC. Gotta give the HRRR credit for seeing this as it was depicting the system to fizzle out by the time it got near Southern NC.

Hey guys, this might seem ridiculous but I lost a bookmark to this model and I have no clue what the URL is or how to find it...I know it's HWRF but where can I view animations/frames of the runs exactly like this image?

bZXex.png

pretty amazing to see this remnant of the MCS make it all the way to NC, its going to atleast make it to Interstate 40 corridor. There's atleast one severe warning with it. Kudos to the GSP forecaster this morning mentioning it, almost every forecast outlet I saw dismissed any chance really. I think its on a dwindling phase now though ...sort of surprised to see it not affect east TN more though...guess the building ridge and combination of crossing the mtns from the east/ne helped to diminish it.

Yea the MCS kept propagating from a remnant cold pool, and it certainly doesn't like height rises, so most of the TN area was spared. When we lost of the heating of the day, we also lost good lapse rates that were keeping the convection going along with differential heating in NC, so that was the end of an MCS moving into a ridge.

First Orange Alert of the year :arrowhead::angry:

SCZ020>022-026>028-031-037-090100-

CALHOUN-FAIRFIELD-KERSHAW-LEXINGTON-NEWBERRY-RICHLAND-SALUDA-SUMTER-

1241 AM EDT WED JUN 8 2011

...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM TODAY...

THE SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL

HAS ISSUED AN AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY...IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM

TODAY.

A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR OZONE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE

CENTRAL MIDLANDS REGION. THIS MEANS THAT GROUND LEVEL-OZONE

CONCENTRATIONS WITHIN THE REGION WILL LIKELY EXCEED UNHEALTHY

STANDARDS FOR SENSITIVE GROUPS.

CODE ORANGE MEANS ACTIVE CHILDREN AND ADULTS...AND PEOPLE WITH

RESPIRATORY DISEASE...SUCH AS ASTHMA...SHOULD LIMIT PROLONGED

OUTDOOR EXERTION.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...PLEASE VISIT THE SOUTH CAROLINA

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL WEB SITE AT

WWW.DHEC.SC.GOV/OZONE.

Here in Kingsport, only a trace of rain(KTRI has 0.13) since May 27th. For it to be this dry this early is certainly making me concerned about the rest of summer. Other than one day, we have hit 90 degrees everyday this month. We are +7 F this month and some change. Probably the hottest end to spring and the hottest beginning to summer that I've ever seen. Absolutely brutal. It almost mirrors last December on the hot side of things - speed of transition and extreme of temperatures. I can't wait until next week. Looks like the ridge may shift a bit out west. I hope it stays there for a while.

the NAM and WRF have a decent slug of tropical moisture coming into the picture for the southeast coast soon. Its too early to get too excited but the coast from Fl to Carolinas have a shot now. There will be a weak upper low in the middle of the Gulf and weak ridging to the north over the Ohio Valley, so both of those argue for a general northwest motion to whatever gets going near Cuba. The GGEm hinted at this a few days ago as well. This is the kind of thing the models can miss, which would have a big impact on forecasts (in a good way). Hopefully the eastern parts of GA , Fl and Carolinas can score with this. Even areas west of there could catch just general low level convergence from the deep low level moisture thats already present, and would get more focused later on if a system develops offshore..so its actually win-win atleast for slight chances..however if there was too much development offshore, that could spell downward motion (subsidence) over the central Carolinas/GA to some point, meaning really hot and little chance of rain. Just throwing out possibilities (and a little wishful thinking!).

post-38-0-07527500-1307544328.gif

post-38-0-55579900-1307544331.gif

post-38-0-11048300-1307544362.gif

Definitely rooting this one on for the eastern sections. I know its the NAM but synoptics kinda support a close-to-nam- scenario playing out. I think the old GFS was much further east and not as developed....def. worth watching.Several inches of widespread rain at the coast would be very welcome, and the further inland it gets, the better.

post-38-0-15720400-1307544850.gif

First Orange Alert of the year :arrowhead::angry:

Never seen this one until yesterday - Code PURPLE. Must be because of the Pains Bay Wildfire.

NCZ047-081930- MAINLAND DARE- 309 PM EDT TUE JUN 7 2011 ...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT WEDNESDAY... THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES IN RALEIGH NC HAS ISSUED A CODE PURPLE AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY FOR FINE PARTICULATES...IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT WEDNESDAY. AN AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY MEANS THAT FINE PARTICULATES CONCENTRATIONS WITHIN THE REGION MAY APPROACH OR EXCEED UNHEALTHY STANDARDS. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...PLEASE VISIT THE NORTH CAROLINA DIVISION OF AIR QUALITY WEB SITE AT: WWW.NCAIR.ORG/NEWS.

That would be a first for me also...

Never seen this one until yesterday - Code PURPLE. Must be because of the Pains Bay Wildfire.

NCZ047-081930- MAINLAND DARE- 309 PM EDT TUE JUN 7 2011 ...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT WEDNESDAY... THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES IN RALEIGH NC HAS ISSUED A CODE PURPLE AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY FOR FINE PARTICULATES...IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT WEDNESDAY. AN AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY MEANS THAT FINE PARTICULATES CONCENTRATIONS WITHIN THE REGION MAY APPROACH OR EXCEED UNHEALTHY STANDARDS. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...PLEASE VISIT THE NORTH CAROLINA DIVISION OF AIR QUALITY WEB SITE AT: WWW.NCAIR.ORG/NEWS.

Archived